Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many deer are and going to be shot out of season this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    A couple of you key board soldiers going to just go take calves and chickens at will are eventually going to have problems I would predict. If things were to get that bad you will get by with it a few times but you will meet a good ol boy eventually. Lol
    Yep.

Comment

Whatever the number, it won’t be enough to hurt the deer herd numbers in Texas. Why is this even a question?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        With the amount of perfectly legal hogs out there and not any reason to not kill them.... I can't imagine why anyone would shoot a deer now.
        I have thought about that and agree but everybody does not have the opportunity to kill hogs and squirrels are not always that easy to find but I have been very few places in Texas where I could not kill 10 rabbits in fairly short order.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Whatever the number, it won’t be enough to hurt the deer herd numbers in Texas. Why is this even a question?
          Cabin fever topic #127.....

Comment

If I shoot a pig, I might think about cleaning it and taking the meat to help somebody else out.
            I bet somebody would appreciate it as much as the coyotes.

Comment

I bet I win all three showcases.....

Comment

A couple of you key board soldiers going to just go take calves and chickens at will are eventually going to have problems I would predict. If things were to get that bad you will get by with it a few times but you will meet a good ol boy eventually. Lol
                Only if you're dumb about it. Get it done in one night and don't hit the same place twice. Being consistent gets people caught. If you were really determined and had everything planned out you could have a freezer full of chicken,fridge full of eggs and a freezer full of beef in two nights.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  Only if you're dumb about it. Get it done in one night and don't hit the same place twice. Being consistent gets people caught. If you were really determined and had everything planned out you could have a freezer full of chicken,fridge full of eggs and a freezer full of beef in two nights.
                  Or you could run into the wrong insomniac landowner and end up dead.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    Or you could run into the wrong insomniac landowner and end up dead.
                    Then I wouldn't have to worry about starving. Either scenario is a win,win situation if it comes to that.

And if things ever got that bad who says I wouldn't shoot back? There are two kinds of people in this world. Predators and prey. If my life or the lives of people I love are on the line I'll be a predator.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 04-03-2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      This...

East Texans will poach the same
                      LMAO yes.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                        3273 deer
                        i think this number is pretty accurate but did you take into account the use of mechanical heads vs 6.5 rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          Well if the dogs don't get you the buckshot will.

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                            Because in East texas they eat at every chicken farm’s rotting chicken piles. Those things stink when they cook and taste just as bad as they smell. If you trapped them and corned them out for two months they might be edible. I’d run a doe down and cut her throat before I’d take wild pig meat given to me. Hell the coyotes and buzzards won’t eat the nasty things here.
                            You comparing all of East Tx to your property that is next to a chicken farm?

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                              Well if the dogs don't get you the buckshot will.
                              They better not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                                2 or 3 more than normal...…...lol!!! Guess what? If it gets bad enough it wont matter.
                                Originally posted by Rick View Post
                                Things will have to get way worse than they are now before it becomes an issue
                                I think the op is asking how many deer will be poached by people using the excuse they need meat... Not by actual people needing food. I don't think too many people are hungry yet and food banks are not empty.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                With the amount of perfectly legal hogs out there and not any reason to not kill them.... I can't imagine why anyone would shoot a deer now.
                                This... Although I'd talk to my rancher first. Things got that bad he's probably let me shoot one and split it with him.

If things were that bad the "good ol boy" you can bet is already watching his animals. And some of them would be happy to shoot at you.

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                I would have posted the question but it already came up a couple weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                                X