No announcement yet.

Critters in your blind. Who's had them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every bug know to man, raccoons, birds. Set off a bug bomb one fall and came back the next weekend and found two rat snakes dead. Glad I wasn’t in there when they decided to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Same here Mike, but I did have a bow blind one time that was a wire frame covered in camo netting... had a metal roof... opened that door one morning and the entire blind was completely filled with sticks n twigs and stuff!! Thought one of my lease buddies was prankin' me... didn't say anything, but cleaned it out. Next trip, same dang thing... only this time there was no one there to have been able to fill up my blind... Eventually I caught the culprits... a family of the biggest pack rats I ever saw had moved in... It didn't end well for them but not before they ate the upholstery and all the padding out of my nice comfortable bar stool height seat I had in that blind!

Had the same think happen to a Double Bull blind. Had a mound of cactus, sticks, and God knows what else. They were even nice enough to chew hold through the blind at their entrances/exits out of said mound of stuff. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I hunted for years with 3 little mice running around and living in the stand with me. they would hide behind the carpet mostly but they would pop out and say hi occasionally. even had 1 try to get a free drink of my beer I had sitting on the window one time. they didn't bother me and I didn't bother them.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
          I hunted for years with 3 little mice running around and living in the stand with me. they would hide behind the carpet mostly but they would pop out and say hi occasionally. even had 1 try to get a free drink of my beer I had sitting on the window one time. they didn't bother me and I didn't bother them.

Well I garn-dang-t-u, you'd a been "bothered" iffin it was packrats!!

Comment

Been pretty lucky over the years
            Nice and snakes.
            I would poop if I stepped on an unseen coyote pup!!!!

Comment

Had a momma flying squirrel and two little ones living in a blind several years ago.

Comment

Had ringtail cats and hatchlings (whatever they are called) of baby owls. When you climb up the stairs, open the door and are eye level with them on the floor, it is unsettling!

Comment

Fox in my tree stand,skunk in ground blind

Comment

Climbed into 15' ladder stand one morning and as I got to the platform my head lamp revealed a nice copperhead coiled up there right in front of my face. Not what I wanted to find. He didn't make it but it was interesting for a few seconds.

Gary

Comment

The weirdest thing that I have had in the blind with me was a badger. I was bow hunting Pronghorn in Colorado. It was a slow day and about 4-5 hours into my hunt I started hearing a digging sound. Before I could put it all together, the badger stuck his head under the bottom of my popup blind. He ended up with a Muzzy to the forehead. Scared me a bit to say the least!

Comment

I build my box. Blinds where they seal up tight so it gets too hot for even wasps.

One time i had a window blow out and i believe every bird in the county crapped in the blind. We burned it and built a new one. It stank so bad.

I did have cows push a window open late this summer in ine and a dove was trapped inside but i found him and got him out before he died and started stinking.

We are in rattlesnake country. That is my biggest fear in pop up blinds. So i usually put them on a platform. Have had small birds fly in my pop up with me...that will scare the bejesus out of you when it's dead calm as daylight is starting to crack the horizon.

Comment

I had a baby black mamba crawl under my boot in the blind on my trip to Africa and I crushed it after it crawled under the carpet. A whole new level of “pucker factor”. The PH said if you get bit, you may as well just have a beer and sit back. There isn’t much more you can do.

Shortly after we also had a scorpion crawling on the wall.

Needless to say, I was double checking all my equipment before I touched it and the wife didn’t go back out with us after that.

Comment

There was a ringtail camped out in the outhouse at deer camp yesterday.

Comment

Had coons sitting in a tripod seat a few times, but the best were 2 very poisonous snakes in a hide with me in South Africa! Not cool!

Comment

I left the windows open in my blind in ST one evening, had a bat in there the next morning. That was the last time I ever left the windows open when getting down.

Comment

Working...
                                X