No announcement yet.

The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still torn on what to have built. I wish I had time to make it by the shop before the deadline so I could put the rifle in my hands. Really liking this build from APR I saw posted on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
      Still torn on what to have built. I wish I had time to make it by the shop before the deadline so I could put the rifle in my hands. Really liking this build from APR I saw posted on here.

You going back with a PRC after you sold one? If not what is the reason if you don’t mind sharing? I’m still torn on caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
        You going back with a PRC after you sold one? If not what is the reason if you don’t mind sharing? I’m still torn on caliber.

I loved the caliber and like the gun it shot great but 2 things I didn’t like. 1) it was a short action round built on a long action. 2) I was not a fan of that stock. The whole gun was big and bulky for how I hunt 90% of the time. I walk with a climbing stand on my back. This time around I would do the option 2 stock. With that being said in no way was I unhappy with the gun as for quality or anything like that. It is a great rifle just wasn’t the right ‘fit’ for me.

Comment

What stock is that OKFF.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
            What stock is that OKFF.

It was the AG stock that was on last years build. It was a good stock just a little bulky for me. I like a more traditional style. Once again I was in no way dissatisfied with the quality of the rifle. It was/is a great built gun.

Comment

Just placed my order onsite at APR! To say I’m excited is an understatement!

Comment

Placed my order today for a 6.5 PRC. Very excited. Still trying to decide on the color options though.

I’ve been considering a maroon/gray pattern but cant seem to find any to reference. Anyone seen or done that color combo?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  Placed my order today for a 6.5 PRC. Very excited. Still trying to decide on the color options though.

I’ve been considering a maroon/gray pattern but cant seem to find any to reference. Anyone seen or done that color combo?

I also went with maroon/gray sponge with a black base. This is the only pic of something similar i have seen, from Horizon Firearms in College Station

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by txagyotebuster; 01-14-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

This is what I’m thinking color wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      Just remember, y'all are in line behind me....I planted the seed for the 700 build! LOL

I think it should go by date of joining TBH...[emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                        I think it should go by date of joining TBH...[emoji12]

I'm down for that. I couldn't get the wife to like the options on this one. A rifle on a 700 action sounds cool though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Help on the stock. Is the "molded in color" option mean a swirly pattern from McMillan?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                            Help on the stock. Is the "molded in color" option mean a swirly pattern from McMillan?

Same question!

Stock color is really the only thing I am waiting to decide on.

Also, what are the “custom paint scheme” options.

Comment

For you gun nuts...

What is the biggest, fastest option with a shorter barrel? I know that is kind of an oxymoron, what is the best option without sacrificing performance with shaving off a couple of inches?

I.e. Could a 28 Nosler be cut down to 24” or would a 280ai be a better option? Or am I pissing in the wind, and should just go with a longer barrel?

I’m wanting something that is a hammer, but may shoot suppressed periodically (not a necessity though)

I am a gun dummy, so forgive my ignorance.

Comment

Here is something i just saw on IG with a maroon and gray sponge look for the guy asking about the maroon (i ordered black base with gray and maroon sponge)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X