Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 500 yds south of my shop in garland—these are brand new warehouse

Comment

For those that would be close to the Burleson area, although not near the damage elsewhere, with the hail last night, check your vehicles and roof. Had @$1500 to the wifes chariot and roof damage. Hail to the size of quarters-golfball.

Comment

God bless you folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The love field tornado came close to my dad’s house but stopped a few miles short. My sister was at a friend’s house in midlothian and they got hit by the other tornado. Her vehicle was heavily damaged, but thankfully they are okay as well.

Comment

Luckily dad n mom were out of the area, and seems like their house was okay. Praying for y'all up there.

Comment

Perow, what part of Garland is your shop in?

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                Perow, what part of Garland is your shop in?
                At the corner of Shiloh & Marquis

Comment

It was reported as an EF3. I think it was on the ground for about 17 miles or so. Prayers up to everyone, terrible deal! It escalated quickly and tons of damage.

Comment

Member of the family lives off of Royal just west of 75 and took heavy damage Huge oak trees are a total loss. She is a single mother of two girls, 10 and 8 and the neighbors had to help them out of the house after the storm. They were not hurt.
                    We can not get to the house due to the trees and debris.
                    How this category 3 storm with 140 MPH winds did not take several lives is hard to believe.
                    Prayers up for ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                      Member of the family lives off of Royal just west of 75 and took heavy damage Huge oak trees are a total loss. She is a single mother of two girls, 10 and 8 and the neighbors had to help them out of the house after the storm. They were not hurt.
                      We can not get to the house due to the trees and debris.
                      How this category 3 storm with 140 MPH winds did not take several lives is hard to believe.
                      Prayers up for ALL.
                      Thanks to the warnings on every news outlet and tornado sirens for saving countless lives. Had it been an EF4 or EF5, there would be thousands dead and injured.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        About 500 yds south of my shop in garland—these are brand new warehouse

Perow, I live 200 yards from that building. All of that roof structure damaged/destroyed many of my neighbors houses, some of which is piled up in my yard. We were the first house to not sustain major damage on our street.

I was out of town, wife, 7 yo and 8 mo baby rode it out in the hall closet. Wife thought it was the end for them. Absolutely terrifying. They called on the Lord for protection together, as did I, as she had just called and said it was coming straight for them. So thankful He saw fit to spare us loss of life or major calamity.

This is my next door neighbor’s house.

One street over.

This tree saved the closest house from being completely wiped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We finally heard from our co-worker. He got so busy helping his neighbors and such that he didn't think to call in. He said he couldn't get out of the neighborhood anyway due to streets being blocked. Going home yesterday I got to see the damage with my own eyes. I go up 75 and around Forest and Royal it looks like a war zone. Just awful. I'm still praying for everyone that was affected.

Comment

I went to Dallas yesterday and cut trees for folks in need until dark. Heading back over in a bit. If y’all know of anyone that needs help that can’t do it themselves or can’t afford it let me know. My cell is 817-781-4548...text is best as I couldn’t get calls out part of the day yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                              I went to Dallas yesterday and cut trees for folks in need until dark. Heading back over in a bit. If y’all know of anyone that needs help that can’t do it themselves or can’t afford it let me know. My cell is 817-781-4548...text is best as I couldn’t get calls out part of the day yesterday.
                              Very Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                                At the corner of Shiloh & Marquis

We are near Oates and LBJ, never heard anything. It was dad still and quiet. We didn't even get any rain til the next wave came trough a couple of hours later.

That is probably 3 miles as the crow flies.

If I wasn't in as bad of shape as I am, I would get my chainsaw and see if I could help.

Comment

Working...
                                X