Grapevine Lake draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapevine Lake draw

Got here super early only to realize they aren’t giving out duck or general hunting permits today, only deer lottery.

Be advised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked to one of the guys there and he said it's because they had a lot of people not actually get hunters ed or their hunting license last year. This year for the general and waterfowl they're waiting till after the 18-19 license comes out so you have to show a current license

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      Talked to one of the guys there and he said it's because they had a lot of people not actually get hunters ed or their hunting license last year. This year for the general and waterfowl they're waiting till after the 18-19 license comes out so you have to show a current license

That’s a great ideal! Gives people a chance who actually hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
        That’s a great ideal! Gives people a chance who actually hunt.

Do they still have ASPCA folks filling spots?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Do they still have ASPCA folks filling spots?

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
            Yup

At least they will have to show a valid hunting license now

Comment

Maybe I'd finally get drawn if I say I'm with the ASPCA and bought a hunting license just to take a spot away from a hunter...

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                Maybe I'd finally get drawn if I say I'm with the ASPCA and bought a hunting license just to take a spot away from a hunter...
                Worth a shot Larry, your odds can’t get any worse

Comment

Do you have to fill out the application in person or is this something you can do online?

Comment

In person CrossTimbers, they will ask for your ID and hunter's safety card

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
                      In person CrossTimbers, they will ask for your ID and hunter's safety card

Corps office? Google says fairway drive... is that correct?

Comment

Yes sir that's correct.

Comment

I just put in for mine this year. IIIIFFFF I get drawn, where are the access points to get onto the property? I am new to Grapevine and having a hard time finding where to enter the land. Not looking for your stand locations or anything, just where do I park such?

What are the rules about scouting? The lady at the desk simply said "just don't get caught"....

Comment

There is a printable map online and an app for your phone (google it). Both show where the designated parking lots are. You can get creative on finding other access points but do so at your own risk. I've found the designated areas work just fine. I don't know that there are any 'rules' for scouting. It's open to the public, so just go walk around.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X