No announcement yet.

Upper laguna madre- fishing reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got down about lunch. Went out about 4pm caught 40+ fish not a keeper one. Topwater ,plastics and live shrimp. Hoping with croaker in the morning will be better. Anybody got any tips on finding bigger fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
      Got down about lunch. Went out about 4pm caught 40+ fish not a keeper one. Topwater ,plastics and live shrimp. Hoping with croaker in the morning will be better. Anybody got any tips on finding bigger fish.
      Fish shallower... if you are waist deep you are too deep. After 9 fish drop offs.

Comment

Well I fished 4 ft of water this afternoon. And they were all small. I'm going to fish shallow in the morning with croaker. Should I fish grass or sand?

Comment

I'll be fishing shallow sand/grass early. Then moving to drop off/solid grass edges once the sun really starts warming things up.

Comment

MyDad and I went out today from Marker 37 with Salty Dawg Guide Service- Blake Reiter and did ok. Kept two limits of trout all caught on croakers. Dead calm for most of the morning. We went down to the meadows and land cut.
            Attached Files

Comment

Just got back in from the morning. Lots of fish but only two keepers. 18 and 20" trout. Gonna get a bite to eat and hit it again.

Comment

Two keeper trout 18and20". Tons of small trout still. Catching them shallow and on the drop off. Still not having much luck finding the better fish.

Comment

That is what I caught last time we were there.

Comment

Full moon, real early bite and mid day bite. Peak feed time today is from 11:45-2:45pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
                      Two keeper trout 18and20". Tons of small trout still. Catching them shallow and on the drop off. Still not having much luck finding the better fish.
                      What area are you fishing? I assume you are using soft plastics, what size jig head? On the drop offs, are you focusing on the deeper side? Are you letting you lure get all the way to the bottom? Keep the lure in the lower level after column.

Comment

Fishing croaker , live shrimp and plastics. Catching fish on all of it. I was around the bird island basin this morning.

Comment

Fished 3 foot water over sand/grass. Bite was hot and got 2 limits in 15 minutes. After the sun came up we went bowfishing and shot 5 rays and 1 flounder

Comment

Mine that's good. I didn't have that good of luck

Comment

I didn't make it out but a buddy did and he had a 2 man limit and all fish were between 20 & 25". He fished Baffin area.

Comment

Well that's good to hear. At least somebody is finding them. I may run to Baffin in the morning

Comment

Working...
                                X