I love Pho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
    Can you give some specific places in the Plano area? I might try this tomorrow.
    Pho Beef Noodle and Grill on 121 and Josey. Not in plano but not too far. My friend just opened that restaurant.

Pho Texas on spring Creek and Coit is good.

Pho Que Huong on 15th and independence. There are tons of Pho restaurants name Que Huong all over the dfw. And they are not all the same. The one on 15th is the best of Que Huongs in plano.

Pho apple on parkwood and park.

We also have a I luv Pho in north frisco that's pretty good. But kind of far from plano.

You can't go wrong with any of these places I've just listed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
      Might be ok if it didnt have all the tendons and crap that no normal person eats.
      The tendons and tripe are my favorite part. I guess I'm alone here, but the more weird stuff they throw in, the better it is. I do prefer the beef added in raw over the cooked brisket though. Little dab of hoisin sauce and a healthy dose of Siracha, mmmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
        The tendons and tripe are my favorite part. I guess I'm alone here, but the more weird stuff they throw in, the better it is. I do prefer the beef added in raw over the cooked brisket though. Little dab of hoisin sauce and a healthy dose of Siracha, mmmmmm...
        I like all that stuff too. I get the special. "Dac Biet". It has everything in it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
          2 things. I never had until tonight. I have no way of comparing to really good Pho as we only have the one in the title.

Tasted like cheap Ramens infused with heavy cilantro water and 3 pieces of under cooked brisket.

If this is your impression of pho it was most definitely the wrong bowl of pho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Proper pho is beef. Most good pho has the beef raw until it hits the piping hot broth. The exceptions are of course brisket, tripe, and meatballs, all of which I like in pho.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
              Might be ok if it didnt have all the tendons and crap that no normal person eats.

Tendons and tripe and all the weird bits makes pho good.

Comment

I am very fortunate that I have a young Vietnamese girl at work that likes to bring me food to try. She makes a meatball Pho that is fantastic.

Comment

There's a dang good pho restaurant in Tomball. My family goes there all the time. Me and my youngest daughter get pho and wife and oldest daughter get chicken curry.

Comment

Farmers Branch on Belt Line and Dallas have some of the best PHO. Also very good Koren, on Royal lane. No Pho--lin!

Comment

I ate at a restaurant once called Pho-Q's. The food was ok, but the service was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Eat it all the time. Kinda like everything else everyone has a different taste. I eat beef as rare as you can and lots of folks burn it til its brown. I eat a lot of fish raw and slot of people don't care for it raw. Different strokes different folks.
                        Right, but how do you like your dog cooked?

Comment

Get the Pho naked. Nothing in it. All the veg and meat should be on the side. Add what you want and control the taste. Good stock is the backbone of a good Pho. If you eat a steak well done, then by all means get the meat in the broth. If you eat your steak like a sane person and like it no more than medium rare, then get the rare on the side and you cook it in the broth to your taste. The comment about ratio of Caucasians to Asians is spot on. I use this as a rule of thumb for all ethnic foods I eat. When you find one that is good, you can try the other meats. I think the tendon, fatty brisket and tripe are all wonderful as an accompaniment to the rib eye.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Right, but how do you like your dog cooked?
                            Done or is that too taboo...

Comment

I am by no means a foodie on any level. I don't even really care to go out and eat.

There is only one thing I actually crave in this world. PHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

T

I have been twice to I Love Pho and thought it was excellent. I use to frequent Pho restaurants in Houston when I lived there and was glad to see this place open a few weeks ago and feel it is comparable as far as taste goes. There is still a learning curve for them as all the help was suppose to come from California but backed out last minute.

I got the filet mignon and flank steak bowl this lat time and it was great. I add jalepenos, mint, sirachi and Lime.

Give it another shot, you may like it a second time.

Comment

Working...
                                X