Installing toilet in shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing toilet in shop?

Anyone installed a toilet in shop or garage on a slab? Not interested in damaging slab as this may not be a permanent location. I have seen people do the raised floors for the plumbing but curious if anyone done with one of the wall mount toilets or back discharge models and ran out bottom of wall and tied into the septic tank. My house septic tank is about 15' from the shop and little below the grade of the shop slab.

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
    Anyone installed a toilet in shop or garage on a slab? Not interested in damaging slab as this may not be a permanent location. I have seen people do the raised floors for the plumbing but curious if anyone done with one of the wall mount toilets or back discharge models and ran out bottom of wall and tied into the septic tank. My house septic tank is about 15' from the shop and little below the grade of the shop slab.

Wall mount should work perfectly. Great idea! Could also build floor up. I think building floor up would be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have done the floor mount on a raised floor. That's very easy. Seams like a wall mount would be easier as long as you have something strong enough to bolt it to.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
        I have done the floor mount on a raised floor. That's very easy. Seams like a wall mount would be easier as long as you have something strong enough to bolt it to.
        Thanks for response.
        How far did you have to raise your floor?

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
          Thanks for response.
          How far did you have to raise your floor?
          I used 2 x 8's. And that was because I needed a little slope to get to the wall. Right next to the wall you could probably get away with 2 x 6's.
          Last edited by CabezaBlanca; 05-20-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Will it be heated in the winter time? I would think a wall mounted one would freeze easier.

Comment

I would just use the wall mount. Going to have to go thru the wall anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                Will it be heated in the winter time? I would think a wall mounted one would freeze easier.
                Shop is insulated and has central heat and air.

Comment

Originally posted by gvick View Post
                  I would just use the wall mount. Going to have to go thru the wall anyway.
                  So.... that was an offer to come help install??

Good hear from ya bud!

Comment

Like the idea of a raised floor model. Can really say your on the throne than.

Comment

If using a wall mount, you will most likely have to get inside the wall to add in structure to support the toilet. Keep in mind, the toilet is going to act like a "lever" against the bolts holding it onto the wall (like adding a cheater pipe to a wrench for extra leverage).

Story time:
                      Years ago, I was involved in a renovation of a downtown office area here in San Antonio. They had wall mounted toilets. We verified the added blocking was installed in the walls and closed everything up.

A few months after the office opened, we got a call for a warranty issue involving a toilet that came off the wall. There was a lady that worked there that was VERY upset, since she was on said toilet when it hit the floor!

We looked at it. Bolts were still in the wall. Mounting base of toilet was still bolted to the wall. The toilet broke! Shattered, actually. Turns out the lady was a little "over the limit" of the toilet capacity.

Comment

Working...
                      X