Table Saw Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table Saw Accessories

I bought an old Sears table top table saw for $25 in an auction. It is clean and the top is smooth except for one corner and I'm pretty sure it is glue.

So as I look at this it occurs to me the those holes and rail are for accessories but I haven't a clue what. I know enough about table saw to know they are probably the most dangerous tool in the shop and to be careful. Safety is between my ears and tools usually assist with safety.

So, what are those holes for and what accessories do you recommend?

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    I bought an old Sears table top table saw for $25 in an auction. It is clean and the top is smooth except for one corner and I'm pretty sure it is glue.

So as I look at this it occurs to me the those holes and rail are for accessories but I haven't a clue what. I know enough about table saw to know they are probably the most dangerous tool in the shop and to be careful. Safety is between my ears and tools usually assist with safety.

So, what are those holes for and what accessories do you recommend?
    look up the make and model of it online and either find the user's manual or by looking at pictures, you should be able to find out what accessories the holes are for.

Comment

Holes and rail ... can you be a little more specific?
      Table saws are a very simple tool, but in my shop, it's the most used.
      I just bought a new one, and built a good sized outfeed table.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	24617734

Comment

Bump this for you, and in my opinion, a radial arm ripping or a skill saw is more dangerous, Im more comfortable moving the stock than I am moving the blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          jealous!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            Bump this for you, and in my opinion, a radial arm ripping or a skill saw is more dangerous, Im more comfortable moving the stock than I am moving the blade.
            they are all very dangerous if not used correctly

Comment

[ATTACH]1004405[/ATTACH]
              dude!!! that is nice.

Comment

Push sticks, number one for an accessory.
                Do you have any pictures of your saw?
                Do you rails in place for your rip fence?

Comment

These holes on the right. It has the same set on the left.

It is a 10" ProTec by Sears. Sorry about the blur. I had some extra coffee this morning.

Another question - I figured with a 10" blade I could raise it high enough to cut through a 4x4, but I cannot. Why? What's the point of a 10" blade if I can only raise it as high as a 7 1/4" circular saw?

Comment

That's out of my league, TexasTaxi. That is definitely pro series right there!

Comment

Tracey, the holes are just to lighten the saw. They have no actual use other than to let dust fall through.

The max cut depth on my saw, which is also a 10" blade, is 3", which will not cut through a 4x4 either. If you're wanting to cut the 4x4s to length, a table saw is not the right tool for the job; you'd be better off with a miter saw. They come in a bunch of sizes, but I'm pretty sure you'd need a 12" to cut through a 4x4. I'm not sure if a 10" miter saw would cut through a 4x4.

Comment

That’s a good deal. Did it come with a fence or a miter gauge?

You’ll need a 12” blade to rip/crosscut a 4x4. I purchased one to cut thicker slabs of wood and to compliment my 10” which I use primarily to cut dados.

Here is my twelve set up with a power feeder.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4352.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	24617816

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok. So ill get the starter accessory pack with the pushy thingys and a miter Guage.

Now I need to find stuff to cut!

Comment

[ATTACH]1004405[/ATTACH]
                            Nice setup. I have the same saw with the tiltup outfeed table. Getting ready to give it a workout on some cabinets for the mancave.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              Ok. So ill get the starter accessory pack with the pushy thingys and a miter Guage.

Now I need to find stuff to cut!
                              You be careful girl. Wood working equipment scares the bageezus out of me. I'll stick to metal working.

Comment

Working...
                              X