Southfork, CO tent campgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Southfork, CO tent campgrounds

Anyone have a tent campground recommendation near southfork?

We will be headed to Dillon for a large family trip July 1. But I thought a detour to Southfork a few days earlier would be fun. Need facilities so the girls can be comfortable

Beaver creek campground is good and you can catch some fine trout in the creek depending on the water flow. Or you can hike down to the South Fork of the Rio Grande and catch trout there too. The campground is just out of town on the way to Wolf Creek pass. Big Meadow is a little further up the road and there is a nice lake there.

Comment

Plenty between South Fork and Pagosa. About 10-12 miles out there’s a little river bridge crossing on the east side of the road, and there are plenty of tent sights available for the next 10ish miles

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        Beaver creek campground is good and you can catch some fine trout in the creek depending on the water flow. Or you can hike down to the South Fork of the Rio Grande and catch trout there too. The campground is just out of town on the way to Wolf Creek pass. Big Meadow is a little further up the road and there is a nice lake there.

This

The lake at Big Meadow is a perfect place to work on your fly fishing skills. Lots of brooks, rainbows and browns in it. Elk caddis and royal coachmen will work 99 percent of the time there.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m going to need something that has bathroom and shower facilities.

May have to book at Fun Valley to be able to sell this to my wife. That will have sufficient amenities and additional activities. I didn’t want something that developed, but may have to go this route

Comment

Go towards creede. Cottonwood cove is a great spot

Comment

Have a look at River Bend Resort. They ave tent sites right on river . Shower and real toilets for the woman folk. There is a mile of private river fishing that they stock with really nice rainbows some are very big. Great people to deal with as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                Go towards creede. Cottonwood cove is a great spot
                They don’t have tent camping sites

Originally posted by br549redneck View Post
                Have a look at River Bend Resort. They ave tent sites right on river . Shower and real toilets for the woman folk. There is a mile of private river fishing that they stock with really nice rainbows some are very big. Great people to deal with as well.
                This place looks really nice

Comment

Working...
                X