This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 College Football - Fall Camps and Predictions Thread

Fall camps are well underway and optimism is high for everybody!

What are your predictions for the upcoming season? Your team? Conferences? CFP? National Champ?

Ags will be a tough team to gauge because of so many variables. There will be a new QB1...there is talent but inexperience at the position. Same with the DL with some really good players moving on, but with a lot of young talent offering high potential. Same can be said for WR, TE's and RB. OL should be improved and secondary should be a strength on this defense. Aside from Cooper, LB looks to be pretty thin unless some guys can improve significantly over last season.

I think this team needs to win at least 10 games this season, and I'm going (optimistically) to go with 10-2 regular season prediction. 9-3 wouldn't be a huge surprise. 8-4 (or worse ) would be extremely disappointing.
    My Flickr Photos

It's getting close! I think the Longhorns go 7-5 or 8-4. Our offense should be strong if our new QB (whoever that is) performs and our O line is serviceable. Our defense is the big question. I just don't feel like we have enough fire power there and not sure we got difference makers in this years class that can step up immediately. Could make for some stupid crazy shoot out games in the 40-50 point range if we can't stop anyone.

Hook'em!!!

Comment

9-3 for the Ags.

Comment

Hook-Em Horns.

Comment

6-6 for Funkytown. DL is way below average

Comment

sec west:

Bama 12-0
            Ole Miss 9-3
            Arkasas 8-4
            LSU 8-4
            A&M 8-4
            Auburn 6-6
            Miss. St 6-6

Bama beats Ohio St for NC

Comment

I'm going 8-4 as the floor for the Horns. Ewers will be QB1 and there will be several monster humans on the OL that are Freshman with a ton of upside. I'd raise the floor, but I simply don't trust the defense.

Saban wins another.

Comment

I think the Ags go 10-2, losing to Bama who wins the West and SEC.
                Second loss is to either Arkie or Leach in Starksville.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  6-6 for Funkytown. DL is way below average
                  The emphasis on DL has shifted from that to LB going from a 4-2-5 to a 3-3-5. The defense isnt the name of the game these days, hence the hire of Sonny 2.0. Explosive offense, outscore your opponent.
                  8-4 flying frogs

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Fall camps are well underway and optimism is high for everybody!

What are your predictions for the upcoming season? Your team? Conferences? CFP? National Champ?

Ags will be a tough team to gauge because of so many variables. There will be a new QB1...there is talent but inexperience at the position. Same with the DL with some really good players moving on, but with a lot of young talent offering high potential. Same can be said for WR, TE's and RB. OL should be improved and secondary should be a strength on this defense. Aside from Cooper, LB looks to be pretty thin unless some guys can improve significantly over last season.

I think this team needs to win at least 10 games this season, and I'm going (optimistically) to go with 10-2 regular season prediction. 9-3 wouldn't be a huge surprise. 8-4 (or worse ) would be extremely disappointing.
                    This is where my thoughts are on this year.

Comment

Texas will not go 5-7 this year. Shoot for the moon! 7-6 with a bowl win.

Until they show me they don't suck; they suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        I'm going 8-4 as the floor for the Horns. Ewers will be QB1 and there will be several monster humans on the OL that are Freshman with a ton of upside. I'd raise the floor, but I simply don't trust the defense.

Saban wins another.
                        I totally agree. The offense should be fun to watch, but Ewers needs time to grow. We should expect turnovers as part of that process.

Comment

Really glad to see so many optimistic and hopeful longhorns that way there will be huge let down for them when the season is over

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
                            Really glad to see so many optimistic and hopeful longhorns that way there will be huge let down for them when the season is over
                            You misspelled Aggies.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol, 8-4 is called progress following a 5-7 season.

Comment

Working...
                              X