Sleeping In Vs. HUNTING/FISHING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping In Vs. HUNTING/FISHING

Man it rarely happens, But my alarm went off at 4:45 AM to go fishing today, and i kind of want to just go back to sleep. Does this ever happen to yall or just for work????

You can work any day. ..... But it is hot

Comment

O heck yeah, I'm about to be fishing. I just thought it was odd that I really didn't want to get out of bed to go.

Comment

It has happened a few times over the years. Normally there are other considerations that I know my day will probably not be successful.

Comment

Every chance I get.

I’m not what you would call a morning person.

But I married a hunter, so she usually doesn’t let me get away with it….I still try

Comment

I rarely hunt in the mornings anymore except for opening day or the 2-3 ducks hunts I go on every year. My love for sleep is stronger than my hate for the critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make myself get up anyway and usually I’m glad I did once I’m on the stand and watch the darkness slowly disappear and birds start to chirp. There’s something special about listening to the world wake up from the view of a bow stand.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I make myself get up anyway and usually I’m glad I did once I’m on the stand and watch the darkness slowly disappear and birds start to chirp. There’s something special about listening to the world wake up from the view of a bow stand.
                Absolutely.

Comment

The older I get, the easier I find an excuse to sleep in. Fish and deer still feed and move in the evenings.

But this heat does make it hard. Cause I can't get out in it in the afternoons. And I've gotta get up at 4:05 AM ever weekeday. So, it's kinda nice to just get a few more winks in.

Comment

The mornings are my alone time in the stand since my wife and daughter are usually hunting the afternoons with me so I rarely sleep in. If I do it’s because we have been hunting several days straight and I just need a break and usually means I am tagged out already.

Comment

Heck no! Gotta get out there every chance I get!
                      Might be my last one. Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        I actually tell my son this. I tell him, " I dont know about everyone else, but Im dying. I aint gunna live forever"

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          This. I'm still mad at um!

Comment

The colder it is the more I sleep or stay in. I still get up and BS with everyone and drink coffee. When they leave to go hunt I go back to bed or sit and watch the feeder 75 yards behind the coffee table.
                            Our place has a bunch of deer come to it in the evenings to eat. In the mornings most of them have headed back to their bedding areas before day light.
                            Besides all that. I was told a long time ago. The big bucks are gone before the first birds chirp.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Had this issue last year for the first time. I guess I am growing up/getting old.

Comment

Working...
                              X