Water well question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well question

I should be closing on a piece of property soon and have a question about the water well. The owner said her husband had it put in many years ago, let’s say 15 years but never did anything with it. I went and looked and it’s basically a small slab with pvc open ended. It looks like there was never a pump or anything else done. Is this something I can do something with or call it a loss and drill another one? I have no idea how deep it is or specs other than this picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run something down it and see how far it is to water and how deep the water is. Then if you have enough water down there you can set one up yourself or call a “well guy” to do it.

Comment

I would contact a water well guy to come install a pump. One of mine is solar powered
      There are records on wells drilled now in my county at the state
      No permits, just drilling info.

My guy was so backed up it took weeks
      Get you name on his list now
      Neighbors or county agent should be able to help you find a guy

Comment

If a local driller drilled that well, theres likely record of it. I believe other local drillers could look it up. Otherwise, like mentioned, run a rope and weight down to see how deep it is and how much water column you have. Could do a solar well, or windmill, or possibly an electric hookup on it. If theres a decent bit of water, its definitely worth using for something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will be building a home here eventually so hopefully it’s in good shape and just needs a pump

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
            I will be building a home here eventually so hopefully it’s in good shape and just needs a pump

I can’t see much, but the well head on my wells are 4” PVC.
            Surrounded by concrete.

BP

Comment

You can use a rope or mule tape with a heavy fishing weight on the end of it. Run it down to the bottom then mark the rope. Pull it up and mark where the rope is wet. That’s all the info you need to know how deep the well is and how deep the water is. I have a submersible pump on mine I bought at Home Depot. I can’t tell how big your drill hole is from that pic.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                You can use a rope or mule tape with a heavy fishing weight on the end of it. Run it down to the bottom then mark the rope. Pull it up and mark where the rope is wet. That’s all the info you need to know how deep the well is and how deep the water is. I have a submersible pump on mine I bought at Home Depot. I can’t tell how big your drill hole is from that pic.

I think it’s 2 inch

Comment

You can see if you can find your well on this interactive map.

Or do some other searching here.
                  The mission of the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) is to lead the state's efforts in ensuring a secure water future for Texas and its citizens. Our mission is a vital part of Texas' overall vision and the state's mission and goals that relate to maintaining the viability of the state's natural resources, health, and economic development.

Comment

[QUOTE=Texas Grown;16303219]You can see if you can find your well on this interactive map.

Thanks for that link
                    My 9 month old wells are already on there

Comment

[quote=Big pig;16303224]
                      Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      You can see if you can find your well on this interactive map.

Thanks for that link

My 9 month old wells are already on there
                      [emoji846][emoji106]

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I wonder how far back they go because mine isn’t listed there.

Comment

My son's well isn't on there and it was drilled in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            I wonder how far back they go because mine isn’t listed there.

Drillers are supposed to turn in the info/paperwork on the wells they drill. But a long time ago, not all of them did.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Do the above get a vertical pump, pressure tank, some 1” pvc and a foot valve. Set the level about 10 feet below the water level and you are done.

Sta-rite 1hp vertical well pump

Comment

Working...
                              X