Carter’s Country-New Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    There’s several reasons mentioned in this thread.
    I wasn’t talking about store policy.

Comment

This reminds me, I need a new gun.

Comment

I would put money on it that every person here that is saying it’s a great policy and what not have handed their spouse or kids their card to go buy something before.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          I would put money on it that every person here that is saying it’s a great policy and what not have handed their spouse or kids their card to go buy something before.
          I have my cards and my wife has hers. No need to give my card to anyone else.
          That is besides the point. The reason it is a good policy is because if someone uses someone else’s credit card, it could be seen as a straw purchase by the ATF. Keeps them out of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post

I agree with the policy but you are absolutely correct sir.

Comment

I think it's a good policy.

Comment

Gun store or grocery store, that's the way it should be. Your credit card provider issued you a card (and credit) based on authorized users only, and the merchants are only doing their job when they accept credit card payment from the authorized users only. As others have mentioned, the easiest fix is to have your credit card company issue a new card on the same account with your son's name on it, if you trust your son. Both my sons have cards on one of my accounts, and one of their mom's accounts, and thankfully they've never tested my spending limits.

Comment

1. Is he an authorized user through your credit card company?
                  2. Does the card holder name match the 4473 form?

If the answer is no to either of those it doesn’t make much since to be ****** at anyone.

Go back and revisit the Uvalde thread and count how many times people asked how did he pay for the weapon was asked. Do you think the purchase location has gone back to check if all of the transaction was in order? Again hard to be ****** at anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    I agree with the policy but you are absolutely correct sir.
                    I would go shopping for my mother and most of the time I pay for whatever. At times she insisted that I take her credit card and use it so I did.

Comment

Comparing a gun purchase to shoes, food, gas etc is like comparing apples to peanut butter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        I would go shopping for my mother and most of the time I pay for whatever. At times she insisted that I take her credit card and use it so I did.
                        Yep, same here. My wife doesn’t have a credit card, only a debit, so when she needs to use my credit card it’s no big deal for her to use mine. We have a joint account and by marriage we are one, therefore that card is hers as much as it is mine and is no different than her signing a check Mrs. Geoffrey R. Klein. IMO.

As for gun store purchases, it’s probably a good idea to have a CYA policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Comparing a gun purchase to shoes, food, gas etc is like comparing apples to peanut butter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          Apples and rocks. Peanut butter and apples are both food. That’s too close.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            Why not?
                            He is (contextually) not an authorized user per terms of credit card company. The frustration seems to be misguided. If you want someone to be an authorized user--contact your company and make them an authorized user.

Comment

Never a shortage of opinions around here. OP it’s a easy solution; make him an authorized user, or give him some cash. Policy is there for a valid reason; unfortunately it probably won’t stop many “straw” purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                Yep, same here. My wife doesn’t have a credit card, only a debit, so when she needs to use my credit card it’s no big deal for her to use mine. We have a joint account and by marriage we are one, therefore that card is hers as much as it is mine and is no different than her signing a check Mrs. Geoffrey R. Klein. IMO.

As for gun store purchases, it’s probably a good idea to have a CYA policy.
                                Oh yeah.

That’s why I said on the previous page, let me use this card without my name and you can trust the guy you call to tell you the truth.

It sucks that people can’t be trusted but people can’t be trusted.

I have mentioned this before but my mother worked at a convenience store when I was about six years old. They had blank checks on the counter. If you had a valid drivers license, you could fill in your bank name and your account number and write the check.

Those days have long gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X