No announcement yet.

Carter’s Country-New Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are doing it the way they should have been doing it all along. Over 20 years ago I tried to buy my son a rifle at Oshman's for college graduation and they wouldn't let me pay for it and him do the paperwork and pick it up.

Comment

Better hope he's not red flagged.

Comment

I can’t say I blame them.

Comment

Great policy.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
            Well I guess I’m in the minority here because it’s my son and I don’t see anything wrong with him using my credit or debit card if I’m ok with it.
            There is nothing wrong with it but if you were in store owner would you believe somebody that says, sure I was given permission. Call this number and the guy on the other end will verify that he is my father

I ain’t falling for the banana in the tailpipe….

Comment

The carters were also drug through the mud several years ago by the ATF for straw purchases, of coarse it was alll B/S buy not after a very hefty legal bill.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                I get what you’re saying and I get how it’s frustrating, but honestly you got lucky before. Nobody is supposed to be able to use a card that’s not there’s.
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                  So my son went to the Carter’s Country store in Spring Saturday to buy a new deer rifle. I gave him my credit card to make the purchase with (which he has done twice before in the past for other gun purchases there), but this time they told him he couldn’t use my card since his name wasn’t on the card. Said I had to be the one there in person to use it. I called the store gave them verbal permission even went as far to say I’d text them over a copy of my DL, CHL and retired military ID. But they still said no. Said it was a new store policy since the Ulvade shootings. I’ve bought guns from them off and on for nearly 30 years but honestly don’t know if I’ll buy from them anymore. Just very very aggravating!
                  Can’t blame them in this screwed up world of kids shootings and stupid lawsuits

Comment

Excellent policy. Youd be pretty upset that they ran your card if someone had stolen it from you. Surprised its a new policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      Why not?

There’s several reasons mentioned in this thread.

Comment

I see no problem here

Comment

Originally posted by axisguy View Post
                          I understand the questioning on who is the purchaser of the firearm. Me handing my wife cash did not change anything. It was clear that it was for her. She was asking all the questions and holding the firearm. That was the whole reason I took her to get the pistol instead of buying it myself and giving it to her. I told the guy that the money was for a bet that we made. I bet her she would not purchase a pistol.

That person doesn’t know you from anyone. I would have asked you to,leave when you got an attitude. A $500 gun sale isn’t worth the possibility of a straw purchase happening in their store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There is absolutely No stupidity in it at all! It’s the way it should be!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              I get it from their point of view, ( or the card issuers ) since these days somehow they would be to blame legally if a gun they sell is used in a crime. But it only shows how stupid everything has gotten. It should be none of their business whose card it is. Or who handed him the cash to buy it. In the end it in reality it is no different than if you had handed him cash to buy it before he left the house. My young adult kids use my cards all the time to get gas in my vehicles, groceries etc.

But then again, I realize Im the minority here, because I dont believe in background checks, form 4473 etc either. People who believe in liberty and the founders view of the Constitution arent too popular around here.

It would become their business if (1) the cardholder disputed the charge and the merchant had to eat it and (2) if someone did make a straw purchase using someone else’s card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great policy! Would you change your view if your card was stolen and had several charges on it? Would you be starting another thread ranting, ‘Why don’t stores ID card purchases?’

Comment

Working...
                                X