Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Made in the USA worth to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
    Actually... there is one US company that made plans in the summer of 2021 to expand chip manufacturing in Dallas and open a new plant in Colorado by the end of 2022 - early 2023. Ever hear of Texas Instruments?
    They are also expanding the plant in Sherman.

Comment

Made in USA if the price isn't twice as much AND the quality is as good. Don't get me wrong, China is the enemy and big companies outsourcing in the name of profit caused lots of issues at home, but "made in USA" just doesn't mean what it once did.

Comment

The one that can support their product and have a good user guide. I don’t mind paying extra to a US based company.

Related…I bought a second overpriced Bubba knife and there was an issue with the $0.50 sheath. I called the number on their website and spoke with a real jerk. Defensive from the start, and I wasn’t even asking for a return. More like letting him know the sheath was not stitched as good as my other Bubba. Rant.

Comment

I'll always pay extra for USA.

Comment

So what? the only buy American's on here have NEVER walked into a Dollar Tree? Heck that is where I get my glasses. lol .And you can ALL honestly write that you look where every product is made before you buy it?

Lets be real, I am American as anyone on here but rarely look at where things are made before I buy them. I want a computer, phone or trail camera I buy it. Or it's go without.

Comment

One thing that this economy and the current supply chain issues have showed us at work is that we need to do a little more research into the claims of “made in USA”. Several companies making this claim have had an absurd amount of cargo stuck off the coast of California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A cheap Chinese shovel will cost me $20 but a quality $40 Made in USA shovel has a lifetime warranty and is stout to boot!

That's just one example.

I always look for USA sourced and made first and will pay the extra for quality products.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  A cheap Chinese shovel will cost me $20 but a quality $40 Made in USA shovel has a lifetime warranty and is stout to boot!

That's just one example.

I always look for USA sourced and made first and will pay the extra for quality products.
                  Another example.

Wheel bearings. Always buy USA. Never buy Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post

Wheel bearings. Always buy USA. Never buy Chinese.
                    Solid advice.

Comment

Made in the USA 100 percent of the time.

Except when made elsewhere is cheaper.

Today's economy and inflation take a toll on my ability to buy local.

We are a one income family, and my ability to be patriotic in my purchases is becoming less and less.

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy View Post
                        Made in the USA 100 percent of the time.

Except when made elsewhere is cheaper.

Today's economy and inflation take a toll on my ability to buy local.

We are a one income family, and my ability to be patriotic in my purchases is becoming less and less.
                        Yesterday morning I was listening to the radio and heard a report that with the economy/inflation like it is, 61% of households were living paycheck to paycheck.

That is about a 10% increase in the last few months.

I suspect that a lot of people are having a harder time being patriotic.

It’s okay, just try the wife and kids not to eat this week….

Comment

I would purchase the USA model. I already try to make a point to buy American where I can, even if it costs a little more.

Comment

Maga

Comment

Prices are rising but I ain't getting no raises. I'll buy a knockoff brand to get me by. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. This country don't care enough to vote right so screw it. I'll buy whatever is cheapest if it's comparable to the same product for double what it's worth.

The only thing I worry about being made in America is weapons. Other than that no I'll buy cheap crap.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 08-03-2022, 12:53 PM.

Comment

A guy posted on an archery site that he was in Shanghai shopping for "real fakes". He bought his daughter some name brand high end boots. Peeled back the American name sticker and found where they were really made. Imagine that. American companies putting their name tags on foreign made products.

Best to google American made products and shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X