Kids & Vacation Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids & Vacation Poll

I’m curious to know the percentage of families who take their kids with them for family vacation or if the big vacation is strictly adult only.

My kids are 15 and 7. We’ve only taken them to Destin and Gulf Shores a couple of time but that was years ago. Since then, it’s always just been my wife and I. I tend to lean more on the giving the kids experiences but my wife shuts it down and says they can travel when they’re old enough to pay for it and appreciate it. Which I agree to also.

Just curious how other families see it.

We have now taken a total of one vacation without the kids. That was 2 years ago, but then again my youngest is 21. I do not understand the concept of a family vacation without the family.

-john

Comment

We take our kids on all ours. Theyve been on cruises, destin, galveston, broken bow, and planning on a spring break trip to NM. i never got those experiences and memories when i was a kid, so im trying to break the cycle.

Comment

Why dump your kids on someone when it is time for a family vacation?
        If nothing else do two a year. One with and one without.

Comment

My wife and I have been married for 12 years, we’ve only taken one vacation when it was just the two of us since we’ve been married. But we normally take 1-2 vacations per year we just always take the kids with us. I think it provides the kids with valuable experiences and builds their culture and knowledge. It is good for the kids to experience new things and places and food and get them out of their normal routine. I live in a small town, it’s good to show them there is a huge world out there other than what they know or experience in their hometown. In September, my wife and I are headed to Dublin without the kids. It will be just the second time we have left home without them. Kids are 6 and 9 fwiw

Comment

Take the kids!!!

Turning around your wife's statement...you adults can take a vacation alone after there are grown.

Comment

We take the kids. One day they will be grown and gone and I’ll sure miss all those times!

Comment

Lol, I enjoy taking my son and showing him new experiences. Just got back to the hotel from fishing on the beach in gulf shores with him, my nephew and bil. Honestly, the wife and I have taken a trip or two by ourselves and after day 2 were missing our boy.

Comment

Aside from some weekend trips, we've only been on two vacations without our kids. Those trips were about 15 years apart.

Seeing how much the kids enjoy it is almost worth the complete lack of relaxation.

Comment

Originally posted by BubRay View Post
                    We take the kids. One day they will be grown and gone and I’ll sure miss all those times!
                    This! Gonna miss my little boy.

Comment

If we do one big vacation, the kids are going. But we try to do one of each. My greatest memories are family vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have gone to Hawaii and a cruise without the kids when they were younger but most of the time we go places together. It is nice to just have a trip with the wife from time to time. My middle daughter was 8 when we went to Hawaii without her and she's 16 now and still doesn't let us forget it!

Comment

We took the kids. Memories you can't make any other way.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I always want to take the kids on the big vacations. My wife would rather get fed drinks for a week straight on the beach. So we go back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                              I always want to take the kids on the big vacations. My wife would rather get fed drinks for a week straight on the beach. So we go back and forth.
                              This is my wife. She’s a homemaker. I think that has something to do with it. Midway through the summer she’s having a midlife crisis if we don’t get away.

Comment

Working...
                              X