Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a spare Catalytic Converter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
    So $3800 x 2? I’m no mechanic or muffler welder so that’s installed.
    [emoji33] I have heard some issues with aftermarket cats. I would go OEM and get insurance to pay!

Comment

That's what mine cost when I had them replaced earlier this year.

Comment

$3800 for a replacement? Ouch! Why are they being stolen at such a rapid pace? I know there is a market for them, must pay well to take a risk like that. I hate a thief!

Comment

Id go with an OEM and just have a muffler shop clamp in a pipe until it comes in to make your truck quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            I guess the Tundra cats more valuable or just easy to get?
            Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Easy to get….
            And there are four.

Tundras are by far at the top of the list for converter theft.
            Like Allan said, they know nothing is going to happen to them, so they'll do it in broad day light. They just don't care.

I keep postponing putting the guard on mine. I wanted to have one cut with either

"Your mom must be proud"
            or
            "Not today f-er"

I decided against it when I figured they'd slash the tires or screw something else up for insulting them.

Comment

Unfortunately when you don't punish criminal behavior and keep it profitable, it will continue.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s insane . Check a1 auto or rock auto for them . Then see if you can get a shop to welt them in . Might say you some money

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                  Id go with an OEM and just have a muffler shop clamp in a pipe until it comes in to make your truck quiet.
                  Agree...

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post

Everyone suggesting this let me know where I can get illegal emissions work done on my 2019 Tundra with 30k miles on it.

Comment

Ouch.... $3800 each is a lot of money... Don't know why the insurance companies aren't putting pressure on the auto manufacturers to make them much hard to steal.

Comment

Everyone suggesting this let me know where I can get illegal emissions work done on my 2019 Tundra with 30k miles on it.
                        Do they do emissions testing in Texas?

Comment

$ 3800 for 1… Toyota’s in on it!

Comment

Any muffler shop with cash in hand and no receipt.... Come to houston ill take you to one.. Or go buy a pipe and cut it, slip it over and clamp it on.

Comment

Wise County doesn't have emissions testing. Ramsey's Muffler shop in Bridgeport.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                Wise County doesn't have emissions testing. Ramsey's Muffler shop in Bridgeport.
                                I’ll call more shops tomorrow but I don’t think it has anything to do with testing.

Comment

Working...
                                X