Colorado Elk Draw Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    I truly worry about my kids’ opportunities to hunt in the future. You see draw odds going down every year. NR tags being reduced. Then look at Texas. Land getting fragmented every day. Rising costs. I fear a full trophy room in the future will be directly reflective of one’s bank account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    100%. My kids are 1 and 3 and I’m worried about the opportunities that I’ll be able to help provide them when it comes time to get them out in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
      Especially when the TPWD complain that there are too many nilgai and instead of increasing hunts they kill them from helicopters.

Big time hacked off about that. AND the Sambar
      Amen to that. Makes you wonder who TPWD really is working for.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
        I'm not aware of any state that gives nonresidents and residents the same amount of tags. I'm also not aware of any state where resident and nonresident tags are the same price. The reason Colorado is making more units draw is because over the counter is not sustainable for the future of the elk herd. You cannot have unlimited pressure on a finite resource.
        Texas gives the exact same opportunity regardless of residency. Obviously cost is different. But extremely cheap compared to ALL western states for your license.

Comment

Texas gives the exact same opportunity regardless of residency. Obviously cost is different. But extremely cheap compared to ALL western states for your license.
          Exactly!

Comment

Is there an update list somewhere on the units that are now draw only?

Comment

As more and more units are going to draw I hope the Colorado residents start enjoying license increases.
              LOL I would rather every unit be draw or LO than deal with the OTC circus that is Colorado.. I would much rather pay $2500 a year for a tag than be hunting with everyone who has watched Cam Hanes on Instagram

Comment

Thats because Texas has like 10 draw hunts worth the trip..THey need something to make them money.. lol Lets give Non Res a 10% chance at our super less than desirable Draw hunts lol

Hell James and Doc draw all the good ones anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  Thats because Texas has like 10 draw hunts worth the trip..THey need something to make them money.. lol Lets give Non Res a 10% chance at our super less than desirable Draw hunts lol

Hell James and Doc draw all the good ones anyway.
                  I’m in!

Comment

Especially when the TPWD complain that there are too many nilgai and instead of increasing hunts they kill them from helicopters.
                    Amen. G**** Scoundrels SOBs

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of us took up bow hunting just to be able to increase our ability to get tags. Now there are more bow hunters vying for tags than ever before. Some of the popularity is driven by youtube, netflix and podcast stars. These platforms are here to stay and they claim we need the new hunters for voting power to protect our public lands. I suspect it will change when the crowds move onto the next big thing.

Comment

LOL I would rather every unit be draw or LO than deal with the OTC circus that is Colorado.. I would much rather pay $2500 a year for a tag than be hunting with everyone who has watched Cam Hanes on Instagram
                        There’s a lot of truth in this statement. 👆

Comment

I love the OTC circus. 99% of those people only make it about 500 yards in before they turn back. Or one day in, get cold and miserable, then camp at the truck the next 7 days, telling everyone that comes by "there's no elk here, been hunting hard since I got here". LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            I love the OTC circus. 99% of those people only make it about 500 yards in before they turn back. Or one day in, get cold and miserable, then camp at the truck the next 7 days, telling everyone that comes by "there's no elk here, been hunting hard since I got here". LOL

I love a good limited entry unit where you don’t have to worry about those people and your on elk every morning at daylight. Spend your time hunting elk and not looking for elk. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                              Wolves may take care of any excess in your elk herd.
                              Very true. Lefties have some genius ideas don’t they?? Elk herds aside, let’s ask ranchers in the western states what they think about the “re-establishment” of wolves in their states. Idiots.

Comment

Text of S. 339 (109th): Reaffirmation of State Regulation of … as of Apr 21, 2005 (Reported by Senate Committee version). S. 339 (109th): Reaffirmation of State Regulation of Resident and Nonresident Hunting and Fishing Act of 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X