X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    This ^^ End of story

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I would never put a knife in one of those.
    What do ya'll do when you don't have one of these gizmos, or replacement blades for your Havalons?
    Sharpening a knife is such a simple thing, I don't understand the reluctance to learn .

Comment

I've owned lots of sharpeners. This is a MUST have in the field but I sharpen everything with it at home. Best $30 you'll spend.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        What do ya'll do when you don't have one of these gizmos, or replacement blades for your Havalons?
        Sharpening a knife is such a simple thing, I don't understand the reluctance to learn .

Well, Mr Holier Sharpener than thou, some of us can’t get it, no matter how much we try. I’m almost 61yrs old. I’ve tried dozens of gadgets and ways to sharpen knives over the years, and I just can’t get it. On the few sharpeners I have been able to figure out a little, it still takes me forever to get a really sharp blade. The electric sharpener I posted above is a dang good machine that works awesome and makes blades shaving sharp in a very short time.

So you keep doing what you do, and I’ll keep doing what I do, and we’ll all be happy.

And btw, if you read the OP, he said he was unable to use most regular sharpeners due to him having a stroke. I put forward a great option for him!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sharp maker or Work Sharp angle set. Anyone can sharpen very sharp with these except for some steels like S90v an M4.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Well, Mr Holier Sharpener than thou, some of us can’t get it, no matter how much we try. I’m almost 61yrs old. I’ve tried dozens of gadgets and ways to sharpen knives over the years, and I just can’t get it. On the few sharpeners I have been able to figure out a little, it still takes me forever to get a really sharp blade. The electric sharpener I posted above is a dang good machine that works awesome and makes blades shaving sharp in a very short time.

So you keep doing what you do, and I’ll keep doing what I do, and we’ll all be happy.

And btw, if you read the OP, he said he was unable to use most regular sharpeners due to him having a stroke. I put forward a great option for him!!!!!

Bisch

Lol 👍

Comment

I just ordered another worksharp field sharpener so I can leave it at the farm.

Dull knives are a thing of my past!

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  I just ordered another worksharp field sharpener so I can leave it at the farm.

Dull knives are a thing of my past!
                  I like that. Seems like a good way to learn how to free hand on stones.

Comment

Bisch

Just ordered one Bisch. Cant wait to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SanSaba007 View Post
                      Just ordered one Bisch. Cant wait to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I hope you have cheap knives.

Comment

knife sharpening help...

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        I hope you have cheap knives.

Seeing how’s you have never used this, how can you pass judgement on it??? I have cheap knives, and I have some good knives. I do not have any really expensive knives. The Chefs Choice Edge Select gets all my knives very sharp!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Seeing how’s you have never used this, how can you pass judgement on it??? I have cheap knives, and I have some good knives. I do not have any really expensive knives. The Chefs Choice Edge Select gets all my knives very sharp!!!!

Bisch

I don’t have to use it because I know how to sharpen a knife…
                          It’s basically a grinder…You don’t put a grinder on good knives. At least I don’t…I am sure it works great, if you don’t mind removing a bunch of metal.

Comment

I have several of these and I use them on a variety of knives it is hands down the quickest and easiest edge I have put on multiple knives. Combined with the leather strap after a few passes you can cut air with your knife. I keep one in my hunting pack.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211228-191655_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	24673185

Comment

I am certainly not an expert but I have been able to get a sharp edge on my knives using a KME knife sharpener. I also use it on my broadheads.

Comment

Originally posted by lockout View Post
                                I am certainly not an expert but I have been able to get a sharp edge on my knives using a KME knife sharpener. I also use it on my broadheads.
                                KME makes a quality sharpener.

Comment

Working...
                                X