Hunt In: Grayson county/ Oklahoma
Default Bob Lee Shikari vs. Hoyt Satori

Any opinions or reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bcmuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #2
mikey2
Associate Sponsor

Following. I have a bow ordered. Hardcore riser and the cobra limbs.
mikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
Trumpkin
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sore Finger!!!

The new Bob Lee is ridiculous. I have a couple friends who've been shooting them. Super fast, super quiet, and stable to boot.

I imagine you could match its performance with a Satori riser, and some super curve ILF limbs, but I bet it wouldn't be as quiet. I'm not ordering one, but that's only because I'm not a fan of Bob Lee risers for how I aim and shoot. I'm too used to black widow's ergonomics to change, and with my freakish draw length, I can make up most of the speed difference.
Trumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
helical
Eight Point

Hunt In: North and West Texas

hey Trumpkin, are your friends shooting Ultimate risers with Cobra limbs or the Shikari riser with Cobras? Trying to find info on whether the Cobras are as quiet and dead on Ultimate stabilock risers as they are on the Shikari riser - appreciated.
helical is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 11:04 AM   #5
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri

Unless I misunderstood Clay Epperson is shooting the new Bob Lee model. He is laying down a bunch of critters with that bow.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 02:52 PM   #6
Trumpkin
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by helical View Post
hey Trumpkin, are your friends shooting Ultimate risers with Cobra limbs or the Shikari riser with Cobras? Trying to find info on whether the Cobras are as quiet and dead on Ultimate stabilock risers as they are on the Shikari riser - appreciated.
They are shooting 17" and 19" Hardcore risers, one with Stabilock, one without. It didn't make a difference as far as I know.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #7
SJP51
Six Point

Hunt In: Menard, Bryan

Not sure you can make much of a comparision between an ILF bow and a high end custom recurve. But I'll stay tuned and just listen.
SJP51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #8
Trumpkin
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJP51 View Post
Not sure you can make much of a comparision between an ILF bow and a high end custom recurve. But I'll stay tuned and just listen.
You're right. A good ILF bow will be cheaper and still shoot better than most high end custom bows. Until you get into super curves... then you just need to spend more on high end ILF limbs!
Old 05-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #9
CamoQuest
Ten Point

Hunt In: Robertson County

Daniel and I shot Rob’s bow today, along with another gentleman’s which had a hardcore riser and cobra limbs. Amazing feel and performance. We have 4 nice Lee bows at home, and if it takes selling all of them to get a Shikari for each of us, we’ll do it. This coming from someone who didn’t think she would ever part with her BL, and still had that thought today, right up until the first arrow. That was all it took, lol.
CamoQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #10
mikey2
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoQuest View Post
Daniel and I shot Rob’s bow today, along with another gentleman’s which had a hardcore riser and cobra limbs. Amazing feel and performance. We have 4 nice Lee bows at home, and if it takes selling all of them to get a Shikari for each of us, we’ll do it. This coming from someone who didn’t think she would ever part with her BL, and still had that thought today, right up until the first arrow. That was all it took, lol.
Were they bolt up or stabilock? I've been thinking about up grading my order. Thanks Mike
mikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2021, 08:30 PM   #11
CEpperson
Eight Point

Hunt In: Henderson Co, Tx & Kansas

Iíve shot the cobra curves on about every riser they offer. My first set was on a bolt up all micarta riser, I put the limbs on my hardcore riser and now I have the Shikari. The limbs are going to perform the same on any riser. They are unbelievably quiet, smooth and fast. I canít say enough about the limbs. The Shikari is a model, itís a all micarta riser with and option of an overlay. It will be a stabiloc with the hidden limb bolts. If you want a flashy riser you will have to go with the any of the other riser options they offer. Your welcome to message me if you have any other questions and Iíll try to help ya out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CEpperson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2021, 08:40 PM   #12
Mike Burch
Four Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoQuest View Post
Daniel and I shot Robís bow today, along with another gentlemanís which had a hardcore riser and cobra limbs. Amazing feel and performance. We have 4 nice Lee bows at home, and if it takes selling all of them to get a Shikari for each of us, weíll do it. This coming from someone who didnít think she would ever part with her BL, and still had that thought today, right up until the first arrow. That was all it took, lol.

I agree 100%. I shot Robís bow yesterday as well, and it was amazing. Iíve shot and owned a ton of bows and usually donít get too excited over any of them really, I mean they are bows and some shoot great, but I would have bought Robís Shikari on the spot, if it was for sale. It had a great grip, the draw felt perfect out to my 29.5Ē draw, and it slung a heavy arrow on a line.

Itíll be my next one.
Mike Burch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top