Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #51
Buffalo1
Six Point
 
Buffalo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

2021 will be the rescheduling of the 2020 hunts. 2022 will be booked fast by those who did not make it in 2020 and the few openings in 2021. I think deals will again be resurfacing in 2023.

My thoughts are based on a vaccine and clean bill of health for 2021 hunting opening back up.
Buffalo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #52
Txtourist
Six Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Hunt In: MN, SD,TX
Default

Never thought there could be a reason I would be glad I didn’t draw a moose tag for Alaska, but here we are. Here in Minnesota, the fishing resorts are sold out since many in the Midwest drive to Canada for their annual trips.
I’m hearing rumors to expect the Dakotas to busier than normal for waterfowlers White tails and even pheasants as options keep dwindling.
Txtourist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2021, 04:27 PM   #53
JBJTX81
Ten Point
 
JBJTX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Wise Co
Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.
Default

Well we are finally going in June. Looks at though the hunting didn't really pick up this year as expected. My main guide with the outfit I've used historically is state side working now. I liked some of the other guides but had a very good bond with this ph. He's been here hunting we me stayed at my home with my family.

It just wont be the same. It appears we are only the 4th group of hunters with our outfit this year so far.
JBJTX81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #54
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point
 
ThisLadyHunts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Central Texas
Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America
Default

We canceled our trip to Argentina last July due to COVID and have been reluctant to schedule anything this year until things calm down a little more--high crime and civil unrest in countries where a downturn in an already tenuous economy creates even more desperation.

Still, I'm not seeing/hearing much about those "great deals" that are supposed to be out there. I might be willing to forego a little civil unrest for a 50% Off sale!
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2021, 05:22 PM   #55
MassMan
Ten Point
 
MassMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Fisher, Erath, LaSalle
Default

My biggest issue is getting home. I gave up an Argentina trip for my daughter's graduation gift due to the covid crap. We're going fishing in TX instead. Probably a better use of my dollars anyway.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #56
NotJose
Ten Point
 
NotJose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Forney, TX
Hunt In: Throckmorton, TX
Default

I sent email to my travel agent this morning to get plans going again for Spain&France. Iíve read articles saying EU will be welcoming Americans for the summer. Keeping my fingers crossed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NotJose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2021, 08:31 PM   #57
HUNTIN HARD
Ten Point
 
HUNTIN HARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Victoria, TX
Hunt In: Refugio, Africa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJose View Post
I sent email to my travel agent this morning to get plans going again for Spain&France. Iíve read articles saying EU will be welcoming Americans for the summer. Keeping my fingers crossed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you planning hunting this fall in Spain? I need to get with Scott and get this rebooked. Iím so ready
HUNTIN HARD is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2021, 08:45 PM   #58
redfishted
Ten Point
 
redfishted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Madisonville, Texas
Hunt In: Earth
Default

Should have been leaving for New Zealand today, don’t even have a firm date to reschedule yet, probably get moved to 2023.
redfishted is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2021, 08:22 AM   #59
buck_wild
Ten Point
 
buck_wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corpus Christi
Default

I'm still in for Zimbabwe late July.
buck_wild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2021, 08:30 AM   #60
JBJTX81
Ten Point
 
JBJTX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Wise Co
Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
We canceled our trip to Argentina last July due to COVID and have been reluctant to schedule anything this year until things calm down a little more--high crime and civil unrest in countries where a downturn in an already tenuous economy creates even more desperation.



Still, I'm not seeing/hearing much about those "great deals" that are supposed to be out there. I might be willing to forego a little civil unrest for a 50% Off sale!
We are getting a 20% discount from list prices in 2019 and I'm sure there will be additional negotiations in the field and at camp. I really can't complain about the prices on animals or airfare.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
JBJTX81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #61
Big Mike M
Ten Point
 
Big Mike M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Duval County west of Freer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJTX81 View Post
We are getting a 20% discount from list prices in 2019 and I'm sure there will be additional negotiations in the field and at camp. I really can't complain about the prices on animals or airfare.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I'm going on my first safari in October. I got in on a group that was supposed to go last year. The outfitter allowed them to add an additional 4 hunters to the group at no extra cost. All my day rates, food, lodging, and travel in SA were paid for and I used miles for my flight. Price for flight was $1,176 round trip from Houston-NJ-Joahan SA. I'm curious to see how much price negotiation we will be able to get on certain animals. I would think they are going to try and reduce the number of animals since their was no hunting for over a year.
Big Mike M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2021, 11:38 AM   #62
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

I am supposed to go to Saskatchewan in November, but who knows if those liberal azzhats will have the country open by then.
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #63
RockTippedStick
Ten Point
 
RockTippedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Liberty, Tyler, Polk
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
I am supposed to go to Saskatchewan in November, but who knows if those liberal azzhats will have the country open by then.
Same here. Have a Moose hunt in September but thinking it might be cancelled like last year.
RockTippedStick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2021, 01:09 PM   #64
JBJTX81
Ten Point
 
JBJTX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Wise Co
Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike M View Post
I'm going on my first safari in October. I got in on a group that was supposed to go last year. The outfitter allowed them to add an additional 4 hunters to the group at no extra cost. All my day rates, food, lodging, and travel in SA were paid for and I used miles for my flight. Price for flight was $1,176 round trip from Houston-NJ-Joahan SA. I'm curious to see how much price negotiation we will be able to get on certain animals. I would think they are going to try and reduce the number of animals since their was no hunting for over a year.
I anticipate lots of negotiation on the fly in the bush.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
JBJTX81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2021, 09:46 PM   #65
NotJose
Ten Point
 
NotJose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Forney, TX
Hunt In: Throckmorton, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
Are you planning hunting this fall in Spain? I need to get with Scott and get this rebooked. Iím so ready

Yes, if they allow us Iím going!! Yep me too JP


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NotJose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2021, 02:38 PM   #66
joey1656
Ten Point
 
joey1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisiana
Hunt In: avoyelles parish louisiana
Default

Well here i sit, still wondering if canada will ever open back up to americans. Gotta be some ticked off guides with no gringo's coming up to hunt and/or fish.

My fear is that they will open up but only to those vaccinated...
joey1656 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2021, 04:40 PM   #67
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1656 View Post
Well here i sit, still wondering if canada will ever open back up to americans. Gotta be some ticked off guides with no gringo's coming up to hunt and/or fish.

My fear is that they will open up but only to those vaccinated...

Talked to my outfitter in Saskatchewan yesterday and he is very confident CaŮada will be open come August. I got vaxed just in case they require it. Hope we get to go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #68
joey1656
Ten Point
 
joey1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisiana
Hunt In: avoyelles parish louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotx View Post
Talked to my outfitter in Saskatchewan yesterday and he is very confident CaŮada will be open come August. I got vaxed just in case they require it. Hope we get to go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good. I did not get the shot, I have had covid and still have the antibodies 7 months later.

What outfitter are you using? I am going with canadian trophy quest Rob Nye.
joey1656 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #69
JBJTX81
Ten Point
 
JBJTX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Wise Co
Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.
Default

We fly out to joberg Wed for almost 3 weeks!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
JBJTX81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2021, 08:06 PM   #70
corps2010
Eight Point
 
corps2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nacogdoches
Hunt In: Nacogdoches County
Default

I commented on this thread 13 months ago.. my Saskatchewan bear hunt went from May 2020, to September 2020, to May 2021, outfitter was booked for September 2021 (if they opened the border), now moved to May 2022....

I agree with several others on here and feel like they'll open the border, only to those with the vaccine. If that's the case, I'm gonna be out $3,500
corps2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #71
joey1656
Ten Point
 
joey1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Louisiana
Hunt In: avoyelles parish louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corps2010 View Post
I commented on this thread 13 months ago.. my Saskatchewan bear hunt went from May 2020, to September 2020, to May 2021, outfitter was booked for September 2021 (if they opened the border), now moved to May 2022....

I agree with several others on here and feel like they'll open the border, only to those with the vaccine. If that's the case, I'm gonna be out $3,500

Just curious (not that I would ever do this) it is very easy to print a cdc vaccine card online and fill it out. My coworker did this.

Would it be against HIPPA for them to contact the provider who supposedly gave the vaccine to verify it actually happened? What if there was a messup in documentation? How could they prove someone did not actually get the vaccine?
joey1656 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 09:06 AM   #72
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Thumbs up

Just heard from my Saskaskewan guide on this past Monday. He said, "everything is pointing to the border being open by August 1st, 2021!" I am booked for whitetail, and ready to roll out when he says the weather is RIGHT!!!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 09:23 AM   #73
jaker_cc
Pope & Young
 
jaker_cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Bee County/ Out West
Default

I had to push back an Alberta mule deer hunt to next year because we werenít sure the border would be open by October. Oh well
jaker_cc is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #74
Acameron52
Pope & Young
 
Acameron52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Lewisville
Hunt In: Coleman & Loving
Default

I just want to know what all of yíall do for a living to get to go on so many bad a trips!!
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 01:25 PM   #75
TexasTK
Ten Point
 
TexasTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boerne
Hunt In: Dimmit County & Beyond
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Just heard from my Saskaskewan guide on this past Monday. He said, "everything is pointing to the border being open by August 1st, 2021!" I am booked for whitetail, and ready to roll out when he says the weather is RIGHT!!!
Got my fingers crossed your guide is right.
TexasTK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #76
Walding1989
Ten Point
 
Walding1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Stonewall county
Default

We booked a black bear hunt for May of 2021 in Manitoba and ours is pushed to the first week of May 2022 now.
Walding1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #77
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTK View Post
Got my fingers crossed your guide is right.
Me too!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #78
donpablo
Ten Point
 
donpablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJose View Post
I sent email to my travel agent this morning to get plans going again for Spain&France. Iíve read articles saying EU will be welcoming Americans for the summer. Keeping my fingers crossed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any word on this yet? I'm not going until the fall but I'm hesitant to book as last I heard they still weren't admitting Americans.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #79
corps2010
Eight Point
 
corps2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nacogdoches
Hunt In: Nacogdoches County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1656 View Post
Just curious (not that I would ever do this) it is very easy to print a cdc vaccine card online and fill it out. My coworker did this.

Would it be against HIPPA for them to contact the provider who supposedly gave the vaccine to verify it actually happened? What if there was a messup in documentation? How could they prove someone did not actually get the vaccine?
You've got a good point. I'm not sure how they would regulate this. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that but you never know about those Canadians lol
corps2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 08:42 PM   #80
corps2010
Eight Point
 
corps2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nacogdoches
Hunt In: Nacogdoches County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walding1989 View Post
We booked a black bear hunt for May of 2021 in Manitoba and ours is pushed to the first week of May 2022 now.
Who did you book with? I booked a hunt for May 2020 in Saskatchewan and it's been pushed back til May 2022
corps2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 08:48 PM   #81
corps2010
Eight Point
 
corps2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Nacogdoches
Hunt In: Nacogdoches County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker_cc View Post
I had to push back an Alberta mule deer hunt to next year because we werenít sure the border would be open by October. Oh well
What outfitter are you going with on your muley hunt? Looking into this kinda hunt very soon.
corps2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2021, 09:26 PM   #82
Walding1989
Ten Point
 
Walding1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Stonewall county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corps2010 View Post
Who did you book with? I booked a hunt for May 2020 in Saskatchewan and it's been pushed back til May 2022
Weíre hunting with Davis point lodging and outfitting.
Walding1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2021, 05:30 AM   #83
JBJTX81
Ten Point
 
JBJTX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Wise Co
Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.
Default

#worththewait

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
JBJTX81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2021, 12:08 PM   #84
Bluesman
Pope & Young
 
Bluesman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Retired Bowhunter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1656 View Post
Just curious (not that I would ever do this) it is very easy to print a cdc vaccine card online and fill it out. My coworker did this.

Would it be against HIPPA for them to contact the provider who supposedly gave the vaccine to verify it actually happened? What if there was a messup in documentation? How could they prove someone did not actually get the vaccine?
https://www.govtech.com/policy/fbi-f...-a-new-problem

One of many warnings about fake vaccine cards. Reproducing a logo of a government agency (CDC) is a felony.
The State of Texas can trace vaccination records. Probably soon to be national.
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #85
jaker_cc
Pope & Young
 
jaker_cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Bee County/ Out West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corps2010 View Post
What outfitter are you going with on your muley hunt? Looking into this kinda hunt very soon.

Primitive Outfitting with Jeff Lander
jaker_cc is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2021, 01:41 PM   #86
myway
Ten Point
 
myway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: Kent county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJTX81 View Post
#worththewait

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Awesome! Congrats! Looking forward to the write up. Take lots of pics.
myway is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #87
Landrover
Pope & Young
 
Landrover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJTX81 View Post
#worththewait

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Bam!!! What a stud.
My cape Buffalo is being re-hung today at 10am. I was not overly fond of the mount.....just not narly enough!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #88
sotx
Ten Point
 
sotx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Hunt In: McMullen County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1656 View Post
Sounds good. I did not get the shot, I have had covid and still have the antibodies 7 months later.

What outfitter are you using? I am going with canadian trophy quest Rob Nye.
http://www.canadianguideoutfitters.com/
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #89
BLAKJAX
Eight Point
 
BLAKJAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SULPHUR SPRINGS
Hunt In: brady,kansas, sulphur springs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corps2010 View Post
I commented on this thread 13 months ago.. my Saskatchewan bear hunt went from May 2020, to September 2020, to May 2021, outfitter was booked for September 2021 (if they opened the border), now moved to May 2022....

I agree with several others on here and feel like they'll open the border, only to those with the vaccine. If that's the case, I'm gonna be out $3,500
A Free shot is gonna stop you from Living a Life ? ...Just get the shot an go Hunt !
BLAKJAX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #90
jaker_cc
Pope & Young
 
jaker_cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Bee County/ Out West
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKJAX View Post
A Free shot is gonna stop you from Living a Life ? ...Just get the shot an go Hunt !

In 20 years heís going to be entitled to a settlement because of that free shot. Nothing free has ever been worth it in my experience.
jaker_cc is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #91
GARY
Administrator
 
GARY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Texas
Hunt In: Lavaca, Alberta and where ever Aironeout takes me!
Default

My every 3 year hunter host trip to Alberta pushed from fall of 21 to fall of 22 and that breaks my heart. Canada hasn't opened their borders back up for traveling (not without lock down for 4 days @ $2-3K in government dictated hotels.
__________________
Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com