Fishing calaveras in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
    Spots been filled. I normally end up looking for someone last minute to go due to people canceling on me. So may be looking for some new fishing buddy's soon.
    Make sure you post up what y'all catch. Leaving for Colorado Tuesday. When I get back I might hit you up for pointers. All the lakes around here are flooded out. Need to get the boat out somewhere.

Comment

Spots been filled. I normally end up looking for someone last minute to go due to people canceling on me. So may be looking for some new fishing buddy's soon.
      Let me know when you make some of these trips. I'm local (10 min from the gate) and willing to pitch in for bait, gas, and drinks. My yak is older and doesn't do well out there so if you got seats on a full size boat, i'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
        Let me know when you make some of these trips. I'm local (10 min from the gate) and willing to pitch in for bait, gas, and drinks. My yak is older and doesn't do well out there so if you got seats on a full size boat, i'm in!
        Will do pm me you number

Comment

Ended up with about 17 reds between two people lost a lot of fish. One being probably the biggest fish I have ever hooked broke 25lb big game mono like it was nothing reminded me of how kings hit off shore.

Comment

Ended up with about 17 reds between two people lost a lot of fish. One being probably the biggest fish I have ever hooked broke 25lb big game mono like it was nothing reminded me of how kings hit off shore.
            Nice, been years since I’ve fished out there using live crawfish.

Comment

Went back out today heat is pushing them out of shallow drops and into the deeper holes out of the coves lots of small fish in the 10-15 ft holes in the morning but no big ones today

Comment

First time out since I first posed this and man it was slow 3 fish all day this being the biggest tryed new spots and no luck
                Attached Files

Comment

My neighbor has been killin it out there, but he bank fishes. I can't bring myself to do it with him for various reasons.

Comment

I've went with a guide out there several times over the years. We always did good, especially on catfish. The one time we went for reds, he just drove around looking at his sonar and when we found them would troll through them. Wasn't really my cup of tea.

Comment

Nice, went couple years ago with a charter. 3 of us got our limit, had a blast. I hadn’t been out there since I was a kid.

Comment

I normally tear them up but they have not moved into the holes I normally fish yet I think the majority of them are by the dam and ramps after the shad. I prefer not to go over there since everyone and there mother want to walk out from the bank 50-100 yards and then cast just not a issue I want to deal with to many people get stupid over a fish.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last till I went we fished along the dam and caught a load of catfish and bass no reds , buddy with the boat used a trolling motor to keep us in the zone off the rocks, but catfish and black fry up nice , we caught some tilapia also with nets on a flat
                          Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-02-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X