Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Game Management/Age & Score/Trailcam Pics
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #101
MAP
Ten Point
 
MAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Corpus
Hunt In: Live Oak, Jim Wells, Dimmit Counties
Default

Quote:
Somebody name me one good thing please
but,but,but, they kill rats
MAP is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #102
MadHatter
Pope & Young
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
but,but,but, they kill rats
Right, God sure screwed that one up.
Its like guns, look how many people they kill.
If we got rid of all em look how many lives would be saved every year due to accidental discharges, shooting in a direction you shouldn't, etc..
Even if we couldn't get rid of all em, every gun you did destroy is one that wouldn't kill someone.
I guess anything makes sense depending on where your mind is.
Hell, people think Biden is the better choice over Trump.
Different strokes for different folks and that's fine.
I never said don't kill em.
It's your choice, and your right, just don't act like you're saving the world, or accomplishing anything.
Some enjoy the placebo effect, so by all means.
I mean if it saves even 1 life right.....
Flame away.
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 05:19 PM   #103
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn21 View Post
So let’s sum this up- a few have died, a small child spent days in the hospital, a guy had his foot amputated due to issues from a bite. Yeah let’s just let em’ crawl away cause they are a good thing to have around. Somebody name me one good thing please.
I don't think people here quite comprehend what I'm saying. Being bitten can be avoided. Every situation so far could be avoided. That's the point I'm trying to make. Nobody said don't kill snakes. Kill them and put yourself at risk too. But don't be whining when you get bit. And you will because it freakin hurts.

I've seen guys walk around in a pit full of thousands of snakes without being bitten. That's not called being careful. So how a grown person can walk on thousands of acres or even an acre of land and get bit while being careful don't make much sense.

Almost sounds to me like people are not being careful. That's just how it sounds.

Last edited by okrattler; 06-03-2021 at 05:28 PM.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #104
DRT
Pope & Young
 
DRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Hunt In: Jones County and Missouri
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
We got kids at our camp, one is mine, heís 10, we also have a toddler, we watch them all like hawks. Iíve told him until Iím blue in the face to watch where he steps, he knows what snakes are capable of, and that they could be anywhere. The kids are expected to help gather fire wood, go down to the target area and switch their targets when shooting, and help keep camp clean. Plus they goof around camp, doing kid stuff because thatís what being a kid is about. Theyíre super careful, but they are kids. Careful adults get bit every year. I do t give a **** about your mortality stats or any other. You know how much a care flight ride costs? No. You ever consider what antivenom costs, or how terrifying a snake bite could be to a kiddo? No. You arenít a father, and you donít know **** about it, so save your stats and parenting advice.

We keep camp and surrounding area mowed all the time, we spray round up around the trailers, spray and granules for bugs, and keep rat poison out year around. None of that means there couldnít be a snake hiding somewhere that they canít see, that could bite them.

We are NOT in their space, camp is our space, thatís what being at the top of the food chain means. Iíll kill any venomous snake I find there because I KNOW 100% THAT snake wonít bite anyone! Thereís you a stat. There could be another tomorrow, or another 6í away that I didnít see, but THAT one wonít bite anyone, and we ainít running out of rattlesnakes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is spot on.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DRT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 05:28 PM   #105
Killer
Ten Point
 
Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Powderly, TX
Hunt In: God's green earth
Default

I believe we will argue about anything now! It is just a low life snake; kill if you want, kiss it if you want; I do not care, but don't preach your way is the only way. That will irritate everyone.
Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #106
MAP
Ten Point
 
MAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Corpus
Hunt In: Live Oak, Jim Wells, Dimmit Counties
Default

Quote:
Its like guns, look how many people they kill.
If we got rid of all em look how many lives would be saved every year due to accidental discharges, shooting in a direction you shouldn't, etc..
Even if we couldn't get rid of all em, every gun you did destroy is one that wouldn't kill someone
Thats a really bad analogy

Here is a better one....a rattlesnake is more like a crack head, thieve, scum etc etc....We dont allow any of those around our camps and if one did show up, we would have it removed. Our study has found that by not allowing crack heads or thieves to hang out in our camps, we never experience any theft, drugs, arguments, or obscene gestures. Its pretty simple
MAP is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 06:08 PM   #107
MadHatter
Pope & Young
 
MadHatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAP View Post
Thats a really bad analogy

Here is a better one....a rattlesnake is more like a crack head, thieve, scum etc etc....We dont allow any of those around our camps and if one did show up, we would have it removed. Our study has found that by not allowing crack heads or thieves to hang out in our camps, we never experience any theft, drugs, arguments, or obscene gestures. Its pretty simple
In your opinion.
To me a a rattlesnake is to be admired, respected, and let on his way.
You can "what if" anything.
Your same analogy could again be applied to guns.
If they are never around, nobody's gonna die from one.
It's pretty simple.
But like I said, kill em if you want, everyone you see
MadHatter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 10:37 PM   #108
rolylane6
Eight Point
 
rolylane6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Wise county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
In your opinion.

To me a a rattlesnake is to be admired, respected, and let on his way.

You can "what if" anything.

Your same analogy could again be applied to guns.

If they are never around, nobody's gonna die from one.

It's pretty simple.

But like I said, kill em if you want, everyone you see
Except guns can actually save lives thru self defense. How many lives have rattlesnakes saved... other than the antivenom they provide to well, save someone's life who's been bitten by one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 10:42 PM   #109
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Guns are inanimate objects.

Buzzworms are a live being capable of ****ing you up in a blink.

I respect the critter, they are amazing animals....just stay out of camp.

My only real issue with the okie was his views on kids, and how they ďshouldĒ be handled, and his not being responsible for any. Itís all cool, nobody mad or hurt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-03-2021, 10:54 PM   #110
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolylane6 View Post
Except guns can actually save lives thru self defense. How many lives have rattlesnakes saved... other than the antivenom they provide to well, save someone's life who's been bitten by one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Well.....They saved my truck from getting broke into once. We had a lot of break ins and stuff stolen around town for a while. One night I woke up late at night and looked out the window. The dome light was on in my truck. I stepped outside and the door was wide open so I run out to check it. Nothing was stolen but I had a tote with a bunch of live rattlesnakes in the front seat. My only guess is whoever was gonna help themselves to the stuff in my truck looked in there first.

I couldn't help but laugh thinking about how fast they probably tore out of the front seat of that pickup.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2021, 10:47 AM   #111
rolylane6
Eight Point
 
rolylane6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Wise county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
Well.....They saved my truck from getting broke into once. We had a lot of break ins and stuff stolen around town for a while. One night I woke up late at night and looked out the window. The dome light was on in my truck. I stepped outside and the door was wide open so I run out to check it. Nothing was stolen but I had a tote with a bunch of live rattlesnakes in the front seat. My only guess is whoever was gonna help themselves to the stuff in my truck looked in there first.

I couldn't help but laugh thinking about how fast they probably tore out of the front seat of that pickup.
I guess my son should've had some in his truck last Friday night when the dirt bags stole his. I would want the video tho!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #112
okrattler
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oklahoma Panhandle
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolylane6 View Post
I guess my son should've had some in his truck last Friday night when the dirt bags stole his. I would want the video tho!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
I think that would have helped. Thieves don't like snakes any better than most people.LOL

That could have backfired on me though. Lucky I didn't get some crap head that wasn't scared and decided to dump that box out in my truck.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2021, 11:16 AM   #113
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young
 
cj7zrcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Springtown
Hunt In: Atoka County OK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
Right, God sure screwed that one up.
Its like guns, look how many people they kill.
If we got rid of all em look how many lives would be saved every year due to accidental discharges, shooting in a direction you shouldn't, etc..
Even if we couldn't get rid of all em, every gun you did destroy is one that wouldn't kill someone.
I guess anything makes sense depending on where your mind is.
Hell, people think Biden is the better choice over Trump.
Different strokes for different folks and that's fine.
I never said don't kill em.
It's your choice, and your right, just don't act like you're saving the world, or accomplishing anything.
Some enjoy the placebo effect, so by all means.
I mean if it saves even 1 life right.....
Flame away.
Yeah....substitute shooters for "guns" and you might have something there. What about cars, alcohol, tobacco? You in on those?
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-04-2021, 06:43 PM   #114
rolylane6
Eight Point
 
rolylane6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Wise county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
I think that would have helped. Thieves don't like snakes any better than most people.LOL



That could have backfired on me though. Lucky I didn't get some crap head that wasn't scared and decided to dump that box out in my truck.
Or get bit and then sue you for it

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2021, 10:35 PM   #115
Brute Killer
Pope & Young
 
Brute Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Llano.
Hunt In: Pleasanton
Default What happened here?

Name:  20141010_224211.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  60.4 KB

Name:  20141010_224415.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  20141017_191042.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  121.4 KB
Brute Killer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com