Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quail leg appetizer

Getcha’ some quail legs from HEB

Add just a little olive oil then throw on on a hot mesquite fire for about 8 minutes total. I then toss in a sauce of melted butter and Franks Hot. I’ve also used Sweet Chili Sauce from Trader Joe’s. Always a big hit

Much cheaper than wild quail legs, but not as fun as hunting them with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
      Much cheaper than wild quail legs, but not as fun as hunting them with dogs.
      Yeah I would hate to do the math on what the wild ones cost me.

Comment

I like this! I have a bunch of quail legs in the freezer and have been thinking about how to serve them at an up-and-coming bourbon tasting I’m hosting in June. I think you’ve just solved my dilemma!

Many thanks.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I used to raise them birds. Sure was some good eating.

Comment

Quail leg appetizer

I order them online and have them shipped to the house
              The semi boneless are my favorite

Texas Quail Farms, Inc., founded in 2003 with headquarters in Lockhart, Texas, is the largest state inspected quail processing plant in Texas. The company produces a wide variety of protein-based quail products ranging from whole birds to semi-boneless birds, including gourmet specialties like bacon-wrapped breasts and legs. TQF distributes throughout Texas and coast to coast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just realized I left something out. Add a little honey to the butter and Frank’s Red Hot for the sauce

Comment

Steiner Ranch Steakhouse has an appetizer - Grilled Buffalo Quail Legs. I need to get their recipe. I'll order those and a salad for my entire meal. Man those are good!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Just realized I left something out. Add a little honey to the butter and Frank’s Red Hot for the sauce
                    Writing this down...

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                      Steiner Ranch Steakhouse has an appetizer - Grilled Buffalo Quail Legs. I need to get their recipe. I'll order those and a salad for my entire meal. Man those are good!!
                      Hell yes! These are the best ones I've ever had as well. If anyone has a copycat recipe I'd love to see it...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Getcha’ some quail legs from HEB

Add just a little olive oil then throw on on a hot mesquite fire for about 8 minutes total. I then toss in a sauce of melted butter and Franks Hot. I’ve also used Sweet Chili Sauce from Trader Joe’s. Always a big hit
                        I bet battered & deep fried then tossed in that sauce would be pretty jam up as well

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                          I had them fried at Steiner Ranch a few years ago. That’s how I do them at home also.

Comment

Peggys on the Green in Boerne has a fantastic chicken fried quail leg appetizer, too.

Comment

Hard to beat fried quail legs. These sound awesome too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X