Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Covid Vaccination

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
    Don’t y’all find it odd that some of y’all feel bad after getting this “vaccine”? Have you ever had a vaccine that made you feel bad? I never have.
    3rd shot is now on the horizon and I’d be willing to bet $100 it becomes a yearly deal.
    Any takers?

Just off the top of my head, the Shingles vaccine makes some folks feel bad.. both my aunts who took it had worse side effects to it than the 2nd shot of Covid. ... including the aunt I took with me for the second shot on Wednesday. We had the very discussion on the way.

A yearly booster ....you mean like the flu shot? Is that all that odd?

Comment

2nd Covid Vaccination

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
      Are these shots proven to work? Or is everyone just getting them because the government says it’s the right thing to do? Serious question.

Does anyone think the government is collecting vaccination numbers and seeing how many will
      Follow their orders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you read up on it? We certainly did and made the choice since the wife and I are both high risk. Her more specifically with an auto-immune issue.

I just pulled this from an article in 5 seconds for some quick reading for you.

Vaccine efficacy
      The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have shown astonishing — and essentially equivalent — degrees of efficacy, at least in the early stages after vaccination.

The Pfizer vaccine showed efficacy of 95% at preventing symptomatic Covid infection after two doses. The vaccine appeared to be more or less equally protective across age groups and racial and ethnic groups.

The Moderna vaccine was 94.1% effective at preventing symptomatic Covid-19, after the second dose. The vaccine’s efficacy appeared to be slightly lower in people 65 and older, but during a presentation to the Food and Drug Administration’s advisory committee in December, the company explained that the numbers could have been influenced by the fact there were few cases in that age group in the trial. The vaccine appeared to be equally effective across different ethnic and racial groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Just off the top of my head, the Shingles vaccine makes some folks feel bad.. both my aunts who took it had worse side effects to it than the 2nd shot of Covid. ... including the aunt I took with me for the second shot on Wednesday. We had the very discussion on the way.

A yearly booster ....you mean like the flu shot? Is that all that odd?
        I haven’t gotten a shingles vaccine but I’d forgot I’d heard the same as you said.
        A yearly booster, yes that’d be odd for this.

Comment

Getting 2nd Pfizer today at noon. Hope the next few days go well!

Comment

How are all y'all young'uns getting this vaccine. Other health conditions?

It took me 6 weeks to get my mother (79) set up for her shot. She got it last Monday without any side effects other than a sore arm.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              I haven’t gotten a shingles vaccine but I’d forgot I’d heard the same as you said.
              A yearly booster, yes that’d be odd for this.

Why if it’s just like the flu? Nobody bats an eye at the annual flu shot.

Comment

I wonder which vaccine the VA is giving? My first shot is scheduled for Mar 5th and the second on the 25th. On the 26th early am I leave for Briscoe Cochina to kill hogs.
                Hope I ain't sick on the drive down.

Comment

Ok. I think I found it. If you are a veteran here is what you may get.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Why if it’s just like the flu? Nobody bats an eye at the annual flu shot.
                    Because they’ve said all along this is nothing like the flu. Can’t have it both ways! I’ll leave this thread alone as I don’t want to clog it up. I hope y’all weather the storm well.

Comment

Nobody bats an eye at the annual flu shot.
                      J, I Got the flu shot for the first & only time about 25 years ago & got the sickest I've ever been in my life starting that evening for two weeks...haven't had the flu shot or the flu since.

That's Over two decades of flu seasons not catching it...batter up!!

Most the people I run into who catch the flu actually got the 50% effective shot & shrug it off as bad luck due to the different strain. I'm not trying to crap on the thread, just sharing my personal experiences in why I'm choosing not to vaccinate against corona / cold / flu like vaccines.

I'm all for the one & done immunizations we get as kids, but am no fan of anything seasonal for our household.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        J, I Got the flu shot for the first & only time about 25 years ago & got the sickest I've ever been in my life starting that evening for two weeks...haven't had the flu shot or the flu since.
                        If I had a nickel for every time I heard that story

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          If I had a nickel for every time I heard that story
                          Guess it will be the last time to be told since nobody is going to need the flu shot any longer now that it's eradicated.

Comment

Guess it will be the last time to be told since nobody is going to need the flu shot any longer now that it's eradicated.
                            True dat! Trump cured the reg flu!

Comment

I'm not trying to crap on the thread, just sharing my personal experiences in why I'm choosing not to vaccinate against corona / cold / flu like vaccines.

I'm all for the one & done immunizations we get as kids, but am no fan of anything seasonal for our household.

I don't think that was the OP's question..

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                                Ok. I think I found it. If you are a veteran here is what you may get.

My FIL got Pfizer 1 and 2 at the Dallas VA ...with no issues at 75yo

Comment

Working...
                                X