Hot Water Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
    As someone else said, the water isn’t hot until it’s heated by the water heater. You system isn’t constantly circulating hot water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So it's not a (hot) water heater after all?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
      So it's not a (hot) water heater after all?

It’s a water heater that feeds your hot water lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Should I trickle all my faucets with the hot water?

I went into the attic and I do not see any water lines up there. This is a two story house built in the late 70s. My hot water heater is in a closet in the garage that is on an outside wall and has a vent in it so I bet it got pretty cold in that room. I can put a Mr. Buddy Heater in there to warm it up if that will help.
        Yes most houses that were built before 2000 water is ran under the slab. Unless they had to do a re pipe for some reason. Your water heater must be gas if it has a vent on the door?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
          It’s a water heater that feeds your hot water lines.

My joking button is broken.

Comment

hot water lines will freeze quicker than cold ones because hot water has more air in it..... a small heater within a few feet will break it loose in a short while.... don't put heat too close we have a tankless on an exterior wall, had this problem and this is how we solved it...... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              My joking button is broken.

I thought you may be joking, but it is a good point of clarification for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Should I trickle all my faucets with the hot water?

I went into the attic and I do not see any water lines up there. This is a two story house built in the late 70s. My hot water heater is in a closet in the garage that is on an outside wall and has a vent in it so I bet it got pretty cold in that room. I can put a Mr. Buddy Heater in there to warm it up if that will help.
                That's where I would start since all of your hot water is affected. That heater in a closet shouldn't take too long if that's where the problem is.

Comment

I too have hot water lines frozen. Just have to wait at this point and hope no damage....

Comment

I had to remove small portion of wall behind sink to thaw lines with hairdryer yesterday, we didn't have hot or cold water in the kitchen. Today we have very low water pressure, crazy times. Yall stay warm

Comment

I had the same issue, some of my faucets had hot water some didn’t, my lines are in my attic, I got a hairdryer and heated my lines up, mine we frozen where they 90 from the main line .you might want to try that worked for me

Comment

My issue is I’m not for sure where they are frozen. I have all faucets dripping now.

We just lost power too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
                          If you have a trickle just leave it on. It will break free shortly.
                          Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                          Worked!!!! Hot water broke through after leaving it open for a couple of hours.

Comment

My kitchen sink this morning the hot water line was froze and cold ran good. I just opened hot line all the way and it took about 4 hours to finally break through. It started to barely drip after 3 hours then finally full flow.

Comment

I have hot water at one faucet and a froze line at the other faucet in a double sink vanity.

Comment

It's always good to trickle the cold water AND the hot water a sink. So many people just trickle the cold. With a trickle (5-8 drops a minute) you won't be putting any bind on the water heater. The water will actually probably be cold as it's coming out the tap. A lot of water heaters are put in garages or close to the exterior wall of the house for venting of gas units. Sometimes that water supply to the water is what is frozen and not the lines outside the water heater area. As mentioned above a lot of problems might be solved with a little heater in the water heater closet if it's available. Stay warm folks and keep the water moving if you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X