No announcement yet.

*Winter Weather Coming*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s 25 degrees here in Palestine, everything is frozen & got a very light drizzle in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It was 18 when I woke this morning, 12 degrees now, headed to 7 in Collin Co.
      Praying that our septic system plumbing and our pool equip pipes don't freeze.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Honestly this thing is maybe at the halfway point. The low pressure isn’t even near Texas yet, still around the 4 corners

[ATTACH]1040547[/ATTACH]
          So your saying the worst is yet to come?

Comment

22 here at canyon lake N with of and on sleet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              So your saying the worst is yet to come?
              Current radar

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE12FD9B-BBAD-450D-9B24-A5777FE327D4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	24644658

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
                It was 18 when I woke this morning, 12 degrees now, headed to 7 in Collin Co.
                Praying that our septic system plumbing and our pool equip pipes don't freeze.

X2 on the pool equipment. I teepee’d a tarp over my pumps and filter. Have a heat lamp hanging inside and both pumps circulating. Never had any issues in the past but never been this cold. More worried about my palm trees. They’re wrapped in burlap and frost blanket.

Comment

9 degrees in Goldthwaite now. 3 is the reported low for daylight in the morning. Good luck everyone. I'm 66 and believe this is the worst I've ever seen for this many days.

Comment

Very light skim of ice on concrete drive and sidewalk starting to form now. Light snow barely visible on some leaves.

Comment

*Winter Weather Coming*

Hope my palm trees make it. I wrapped the trunks and the crown. We will see.

Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 02-14-2021, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Roads have been closed all day with ice , been using rock salt around the house to keep from Falling, to night windy around 20* dropping off to 3-4* by 7am , running heater in the well house, and trickle the water, wanting to start the fire place but wife & her mother are worried about a chimney fire ( they’re crazy lol)

Comment

Light that fire and tell them to not look...

Comment

How many faucets should I open inside the house? Or is it more about location vs. numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                              Hope my palm trees make it. I wrapped the trunks and the crown. We will see.

Were you an athletic trainer in school? Because that's a pretty good wrap job!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                                Were you an athletic trainer in school? Because that's a pretty good wrap job!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No I wasn’t but my better half was there to tell me if I missed a spot. [emoji1787] I lost these palms in 2017 when it got down to 18 here in Sugar Land. I’m afraid I’m gonna lose them again. I’ll be done with palms if they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X