Wounded deer back at feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wounded deer back at feeder

Well I’ve figured out the deer I shot at the beginning of oct isnt dead somewhere after all, hunting partner had him on gamecam 2 weeks after I shot him. He is eating well and hanging with his pack again. It was getting late and had several non shooters come in to eat, one of them had blown at me when they came in, but they still went strait to the corn, they kept looking back, then he came out, dark horns so I reallly had to look with my Bono’s to see if he was a shooter, by the time I figured he was a shooter, I knew he wasn’t going for the corn, so had to make the shot before he got to the trees. I had held back a little because of his angle but think my arrow hit of a branch or something else, very open where I shot him but the arrow passed along way off. Went threw his side high then out thru the top of his back. Pics to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was the first buck I’ve drawn on in years, would really be my first bow buck, shot pigs, does. But never reallly seen a buck I wanted. I usually let the kids shoot bucks when they show up, but dad finally had some time to himself. Really looks like a good year here in Hardeman county. That’s one of the biggest bucks I’ve ever had on camera. He is super wife as well.

Comment

Comment

Tough animals. Cool he stills showing up at the feeder in daylight. Good luck sealingThe deal. Mechanical head?

Comment

Hopefully you will get redemption

Comment

From the looks of the entry wound it's a mechanical that glanced off a rib.

Comment

Glad he showed back up. Hope ya get another shot at him.

Comment

Looks like a mechanical broadhead and the buck jumped the string doing the ol drop and roll. Broadhead probably just ran also the ribs on the outside and exited out the top

Comment

Good Luck Bud . Hope you get a second chance

Comment

That's a very nice buck. Were you shooting from a ground blind? Looks like the arrow hit something on the way for sure. Best of luck getting him this season.

Comment

I'm sure that's a relief. Hopefully you'll get him next time

Comment

Yeah looks like you probably will get another shot at him good luck !

Comment

Had the same thing happen here last year and was able to get another shot....

Keep at him ....he's already back so the hard part is over. Just be patient and get r done.

Comment

Hopeing to have a shot this evening, sitting where he has been hanging out. We will see. It was a mechanical. One that has never failed me. I am shooting over 300 FPS. So it would surprise me that it was a glance.

Comment

Working...
                              X