Dove hunt cancelled for Anthrax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove hunt cancelled for Anthrax?

I had a friend tell me today that his Dad had a dove hunt near Fredricksburg cancelled due to Anthrax? He mentioned something about several counties banning Dove hunting this season due to the situation.

He is all worked up as we have a hunt in a few weeks in Uvalde and worried it may cancel.

Anyone heard of this? I can't find anything online.

If it is, they sure did a **** poor job of letting people know...

Comment

In Fredricksburg? Sounds like somebody needed an excuse to cancel a dove hunt and pulled something out of their backside to keep him from coming.

Have not read a single instance of counties banning dove hunting and I follow the TPW and Texas Game Wardens IG accounts. Something like that would have certainly come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        In Fredricksburg? Sounds like somebody needed an excuse to cancel a dove hunt and pulled something out of their backside to keep him from coming.

Have not read a single instance of counties banning dove hunting and I follow the TPW and Texas Game Wardens IG accounts. Something like that would have certainly come up.
        yep

Comment

Wait......what?

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of BS. Only counties I have heard having Antrhax confirmations was Crockett, Sutton, and Uvalde counties. Even with confirmations there really wouldn't be a reason to cancel a dove hunt.

Comment

I think you've been had. Like Smart said, someone needed an excuse to cancel the hunt. There have been no cases of anthrax within 100 miles of Fredericksburg.

Comment

It's only on HF dove leases.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  It's only on HF dove leases.
                  Must be a really tall fence.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                    Sounds like a bunch of BS. Only counties I have heard having Antrhax confirmations was Crockett, Sutton, and Uvalde counties. Even with confirmations there really wouldn't be a reason to cancel a dove hunt.
                    There was a few up by Eldorado and a little further up 277, but still nowhere near there.

Comment

Havent heard of that before

Comment

We have been killin the daylights out of em right across the county line in Kerr co.

Someone is full of !!!!

Comment

Over the years I have learned people from East Texas will believe anything.

Comment

Originally posted by take dead aim View Post
                            over the years i have learned people from east texas will believe anything.
                            lmao!!!

Comment

Some folks believe anything...

Comment

Working...
                              X