Don't know what to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what to say

Yesterday my 21 year old daughter learned she lost the twins she was carrying at 14 weeks. Two boys and she was so excited with many dreams for their future. Her mom was with her and called to tell me. It takes a lot to make me cry but I cried for her the last two days. Today they did one last sonogram to confirm the lack of heartbeats and surgically removed them. All I could do was hug her and tell her I loved her.

I search for words but no words will lesson her pain. As a dad when my kids hurt I hurt. I feel bad not knowing the words to say to her other than I love you.

I post this here instead of Facebook because I trust this groups wisdom and she is not on here.

Thank you for letting me express my feelings.

Man im sorry. Praying for ya.

Comment

Prayers for your family

Comment

We went thru that @ 16 weeks. Destroyed me for a while. There's a reason God chose this, even though it may not seem like it right now. Stay strong & be there for her all that you can. It's a tough deal.

Comment

That’s tough to read. I wish I had an answer, but I honestly couldn’t imagine that situation. I think you’re doing exactly what you need to do, by just being there. I’ll pray for y’all.

Comment

No words, just prayers.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

I'm going to say something that may sound harsh but it is honestly the only thing that helped me. We lost our daughter Presley at 22 weeks. I still have a very hard time dealing with it but I read something that helped a little.....and may help her....You're right, you cannot imagine the pain she is going through so don't try. Don't tell her everything will be alright. Don't tell her her babies are in heaven and happy because this isn't something she will want to hear....don't tell her God has a plan, don't tell her any of that......the loss of a child, much less two is......well I cannot explain it except it isn't natural and NOTHING about removing them is natural and it's A HORRIFIC thing NO mother should EVER endure. When I lost my daughter I had a hard time even wanting to live each day. Literally only time will help and sometimes, you can't get over it for a long long time. I can't say I am "over" it but we got pregnant about 8 months afterword so I was sort of thrust into dealing with it the best I could.

Comment

I don't have any perfect words for you, but I know there's power in prayer. I pray for peace, and the Lord to wrap his arms of understanding around your family.

Comment

Thank all of you for your wisdom. I received two PM's and tried to reply and hope they went thru. She is a tough girl and time will heal the wounds. As a dad it just hurts when my kids hurt.

Comment

My wife loss one around the same time period. It was rough. We already had two so losing one was much harder for us. I bawled like a baby when I found out. My wife got pregnant again soon as she was really focused on a third. He has been a blessing to us. Had she not lost the one we would have never had our youngest son. We do not always understand but we have to have faith. Please let her know that she will never forget but life goes on. Sometimes we have to thank god for unanswered prayers. I often think about what if but we cannot change the past. I cannot imagine not having my youngest son.
                      Last edited by Still Hunter; 09-05-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Gzzz, as a new father i couldn't imagine, poor baby. Prayers for healing yals way!

Comment

Been there twice and both times an amazing blessing happened shortly there after. It is so hard to understand, but God's plan is perfect. Prayers for you and your family.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers go up for you and your wife and your daughter. My sister lost a girl giving birth. It's tough.
                            Last edited by Goldeneagle; 09-06-2019, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Prayers sir, for your families peace and comfort. Your empathetic presence for your daughter says much more than trite words. I'm very sorry for her/ your loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X