No announcement yet.

What is the best electric fillet knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American angler with shark blades!! I've got a lithium ion rapala for when I don't have an outlet to use but that thing is slow motion compared to the AA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
      american angler amazon has them
      This for sure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

The old GE or Black & Decker electric carver that Granny had on the kitchen wall.

We buy them on ebay. They run smoother and much longer then the modern fishing knives.

Comment

We fished with TBH'er Pat(RIP) on Lake Braunig a couple times and asked him which was the best. He told us not to waste our money on anything fancy, he used the cheap knives from Walmart and threw them away when they burned up. He would buy them on sale and kept them in his boat.

Comment

American angler with the shark blades for me when I have a lot of fish to clean (White Bass, Crappie) but I usually use my non electric Bubba Blade when cleaning Trout.

Comment

Another vote for American angler. I have one that I have cleaned thousands of crappie with. I figured the old one has to give up someday so I ordered another one 6 months ago but the old one just keeps on running
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	24587479

Name:	IMG_3505.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	24587480

Name:	IMG_3514.jpg
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	24587481

Name:	67385568_491145131659597_3820508812930973696_n.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	24587482

Name:	65728035_478253919615385_6631273374372855808_n.jpg
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	24587483

Comment

American anglers are great and I've had good luck with their customer service. I used my AA and the new bubba electric side by side the other day. The bubba was way better than the AA on hybrids and sandbass. There was no comparison really. You'll be happy with either of them though.

Comment

I agree with buy cheap and toss em when done. The Yellow/Green ones seem to last a year+ depending on fresh or saltwater, and how much use they get...

Comment

Hated replacing underpowered Mr. Twisters every year and was told to use Rapala, which work fine. I fished for Stripers on Amistad this month and my guide Raul Cordero has an old Black & Decker, which he swears by. Just got my own since I needed 2. It’s even better!

Comment

I use the cheap Hamilton Beach knives from Wal Mart. The Mr. Twister blades fit in them so you can buy new blades for them. I buy them 3 at a time. Generally out of the 3 one will have an issue right out of the gate like a bad trigger switch or won't release the blades, etc. One will run a good while before I have issues and the third one will run a year plus without an issue.

Overall they do an ok job as long as I don't use them to clean big piles of redfish. I have heard good reviews of the bubba blade 110v. Supposed to run really smooth. And if you regularly clean piles of redfish and sheepshead the filletzall may be worth doing.

Comment

I think I am going to try the bubba blade electric knife soon

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                          I think I am going to try the bubba blade electric knife soon

If you do.....look on amazon. More blades and a case at same or better price than academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All I can compare electric knives too is crappie so no help on anything big but the only AA I ever burned up was on a big hybrid but it probably had 10-15k crappie under its belt by then. Never seen a bubba blade and fhe sawzall fish knife would be way too much for what I need it for.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              All I can compare electric knives too is crappie so no help on anything big but the only AA I ever burned up was on a big hybrid but it probably had 10-15k crappie under its belt by then. Never seen a bubba blade and fhe sawzall fish knife would be way too much for what I need it for.

Oh yeah the sawzall is too much for most things. But it’ll burn through a redfish like nobody’s business. Lol. That’s what I use mine for, and offshore fish.

Comment

I just ordered a cordless Bubba Blade with case and 4 blades off amazon and filletsawz blade. let ya know how well it works

Comment

Working...
                                X