Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Texas High School Football Should Teach Our Kids....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Texas High School Football Should Teach Our Kids....

I posted this in the high school playoffs thread but thought more might appreciate it. This kid is a star, 5 touchdowns in the second half, one to tie it up with 30 seconds left another to win in OT, after the game winner and a very short celebration he saw the Flatonia players stunned and broken on the other side of the field and went and picked them up in his moment of Glory. I was more proud of his character in that moment than I was at any time during the game. He is a stand up young man and one that I’m proud for my 4 year old to look up to and admire. This is what sports is supposed to teach young men, how to win, lose, and compete with class and dignity. How to overcome adversity and learn how to win in life. So proud of this young man and what he has become.

Originally posted by em12 View Post
    I posted this in the high school playoffs thread but thought more might appreciate it. This kid is a star, 5 touchdowns in the second half, one to tie it up with 30 seconds left another to win in OT, after the game winner and a very short celebration he saw the Flatonia players stunned and broken on the other side of the field and went and picked them up in his moment of Glory. I was more proud of his character in that moment than I was at any time during the game. He is a stand up young man and one that I’m proud for my 4 year old to look up to and admire. This is what sports is supposed to teach young men, how to win, lose, and compete with class and dignity. How to overcome adversity and learn how to win in life. So proud of this young man and what he has become.

https://twitter.com/JessGruenling/st...514352128?s=20
    Simply wonderful.....pure class....what a fine young man....That's sportsmanship as it should be.....

Comment

Yea how come the only thing about high school football we hear about these days is that they haze each other by stickin stuff up their arses? Whats that all about?

Serious question

Comment

Good stuff right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
          Yea how come the only thing about high school football we hear about these days is that they haze each other by stickin stuff up their arses? Whats that all about?

Serious question
          I've never heard this and have a son-in-law that is a High School coach.

Comment

Tremendous character on the young man's part. He was raised and taught well.

Comment

That’s pretty awesome. Flatonia is my hometown and I can remember my last game there. Glad to see actions like that. Thanks for posting

Comment

Great to see ! Hope he goes far

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  I've never heard this and have a son-in-law that is a High School coach.

La Vernia HS

Comment

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

That is awesome. That needs to make national news so other kids can see what class & character looks like.

Comment

Sportsmanship comes not only from the coaches but from the parents and what is in the heart, pretty awesome young man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X