November 22, 1963 . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 22, 1963 . .

JFK was assassinated . . My dad was head coach at Smiley High School . . We played Aldine . . On Sunday we all watched Jack Ruby assassinate Lee Harvey Oswald . . Seems like yesterday . .

Fighting Texas Aggies . .

The JFK assassination is one of those days that you always remember where you were when it happened.

Comment

I bet that was a crazy time

Comment

I was at Smiley Texas elementary in the 4 th grade when JFK was shot and then watched Ruby shoot Oswald too. My dad said always said LBJ was behind it and why would a Strip club sleeze ball be at the police station.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          I was at Smiley Texas elementary in the 4 th grade when JFK was shot and then watched Ruby shoot Oswald too. My dad said always said LBJ was behind it and why would a Strip club sleeze ball be at the police station.
          Ruby killing Oswald is the one undeniable detail that screams conspiracy. There would be absolutly no reason other than hiding the truth for him to be there

Comment

And to think, Oswald was whacked for no reason.......

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              And to think, Oswald was whacked for no reason.......
              We'll never know . . Deep state before there was deep state . .

Fighting Texas Aggies . .

Comment

I was in the second grade. Miss Rudy’s class at Hoover Elementary in Tulsa. The principal came on the intercom and announced that the president had been assasinated. Miss Rudy was probably in her early 20’s and a big fan of JFK had a meltdown- I remember her writing “why why why” over and over on the chalkboard while crying hysterically. She finally regained her composure and said “I’m sure you are scared and have questions “ A kid raised his hand and said “does this mean we get to go home early?”

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I was in the second grade. Miss Rudy’s class at Hoover Elementary in Tulsa. The principal came on the intercom and announced that the president had been assasinated. Miss Rudy was probably in her early 20’s and a big fan of JFK had a meltdown- I remember her writing “why why why” over and over on the chalkboard while crying hysterically. She finally regained her composure and said “I’m sure you are scared and have questions “ A kid raised his hand and said “does this mean we get to go home early?”

Comment

I was in second grade in Dallas.
                    There were very few kids at school. Most everyone was watching the motorcade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A pretty vivid memory from my childhood. I was in 4th grade in Orofino, Idaho, when they announced it over the intercom. I ran home to tell Mom and we watched the drama unfold in black and white. The bomb shelter era.

Hogboy

Comment

Nowhere near being born at the time but the assassination is by far my most studied conspiracy.

A friend of mine, who was much older than me, was at UH in the broadcasting school when it happened. He said the announcement came across their little ticker machine and they thought it may have been a joke but reported it anyway.

Comment

yep, big day and weekend. JFK killed on friday, I killed my first deer on Saturday and my Dad was killed on Monday. A weekend I'll never forget. And this year the day and dates match.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                            The JFK assassination is one of those days that you always remember where you were when it happened.
                            Unless you are old and your memory is getting fuzzy.

I was a junior in high school and was heading back to class after lunch I don't remember exactly who told me or if I heard it on the radio or if it was announced on the loudspeaker.

Comment

Yesterday, Reelz had a really good piece on JFK's assassination about it being a SS official accidentally shooting an AR, killing JFK with the 3rd shot. That was followed with flawed investigation and SS withholding evidence.

I was a high school freshman at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X