Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
    He told me you would drop off Cape at angadi at Columbia but, you will have to get him your used tag back to him after you cross your horns and then he will cross your Cape to Laredo in 1 to 2 months.
    Thanks for clarifying Bo

Comment

How many bags of corn can I cross with at Falcon? Or how many are allowed in if any?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
        How many bags of corn can I cross with at Falcon? Or how many are allowed in if any?

No corn or gas is allowed at any crossing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
          No corn or gas is allowed at any crossing

Thanks bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
            He told me you would drop off Cape at angadi at Columbia but, you will have to get him your used tag back to him after you cross your horns and then he will cross your Cape to Laredo in 1 to 2 months.
            If he is doing it illegally why would he need a tag OR how is he legally crossing green capes when the actual owner of the cape can't??

Never mind.. I just read he was tanning them.. Good luck.
            Last edited by PondPopper; 12-08-2019, 03:16 PM.

Comment

On the cape discussion, I have a mature bull nilgai green cape caped out completely and horns that one of our guys is not going to mount if anyone is interested...trying to figure out something before I discard it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                If he is doing it illegally why would he need a tag OR how is he legally crossing green capes when the actual owner of the cape can't??

Never mind.. I just read he was tanning them.. Good luck.
                Nothing illegally trying to be pulled butternut.

U can cross a Cape even if it was cleaned and not tanned. Taned means nothing either. I know people that have had them tanned but, still didn't pass inspection. This is a straight up game being played by Fish and Game. If he works out a loophole to get them passed by a friend then it's worth working with him. That's all. Everyone is game to do what ever it takes but, having it mounted out there is the only good option we have been given at this point. And I am not sold on that route my self.

Comment

I haven't watched all the posts here but I can tell you I'm giving my hunters 2 choices; get the deer mounted in mexico or take antlers out with no cape. " Occasionally" we have gotten a cape across but far more rejected. Mounted deer have been no problem.

On another note against all odds survived another trip across the border and had a fairly good hunt. Surprisingly saw several mature bucks locked down on does. Hunting was good for tis time of year. Everything was quiet after all the insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                    I haven't watched all the posts here but I can tell you I'm giving my hunters 2 choices; get the deer mounted in mexico or take antlers out with no cape. " Occasionally" we have gotten a cape across but far more rejected. Mounted deer have been no problem.

On another note against all odds survived another trip across the border and had a fairly good hunt. Surprisingly saw several mature bucks locked down on does. Hunting was good for tis time of year. Everything was quiet after all the insanity.
                    Sure glad that the insanity has settled down out your way.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post

Great report. All quiet on Pipeline finally. No helicopters all day. Looks like we’re getting back to normal. Haven’t seen many mature deer though.

Comment

We had an epic week. I took my target buck. Several other muy grandes were arrowed. Multiple bull nilgai as well. We had a few encounters I won't discuss, one helio inspected me and waved me off. All harmless thankfully. Crossed with a few capes, multiple animals, no issues or confiscations. Ready to go back in a few weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                          We had an epic week. I took my target buck. Several other muy grandes were arrowed. Multiple bull nilgai as well. We had a few encounters I won't discuss, one helio inspected me and waved me off. All harmless thankfully. Crossed with a few capes, multiple animals, no issues or confiscations. Ready to go back in a few weeks!

Congrats!! Great deer!

Comment

Where did y'all cross bud? Great buck!

Comment

Congrats brother! Stud buck[emoji1303]

Comment

Heck yeah very nice!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X