This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake05 View Post
    I was just stating my opinion fellas .. didnt know that if I didnt share yalls views I would be scorned .... I dont rifle hunt so that answers that ... and also yes some deer live through shots but a lot do not and people just think they do ... again just my opinion but heck shoot em up I dont care ... thats yalls deal
    Yet you scorned him prior for his differing opinion?

Comment

Let me guess... does "Grayson" Hunt private close to the H lmao!

Comment

Saw 14-15 deer this morning late with bucks chasing does. All about 150 yards from where I set up. Exciting morning, wish I had a few more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Everybody needs to remember these are not your deer. They are the states. One thing I like about TBH is its not a pissing match like every other forum I am apart of. Give the guy a break... we have all been there. If you have not been there then you just have not hunted enough. Good luck Woodsman hope you hammer an H giant!

Comment

I shot a giant buck in Kansas this year and knew the second it hit him that it wasn’t going to be fatal, though his shoulder was likely broken. I was sick. He ran off with my arrow and no blood. But I still took 6 hours the next day grid searching through the whole area. Enough so that I felt I did everything I could to find him. I hopped back in a tree the next day and hunted knowing I’d done my best and in my opinion that deer was alive and well. I still had a tag afterall and my hunt in KS costs me $3k+ for Hunt fee, tag, license, etc...so you bet your a*# I’m gonna do my best to put MY TAG on a buck before heading back home. And...it’s a Draw in KS much like Hag so I’m not guaranteed a hunt every year either.

To each their own, but if I give every effort to recover a wounded animal and deem at the end of the road he made it, then I’m gonna pony back up and go try to fill my hard earned tag...

Good luck to all those still trying to knock down a Giant Hag buck on the home stretch!

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
              Saw 14-15 deer this morning late with bucks chasing does. All about 150 yards from where I set up. Exciting morning, wish I had a few more days.

Wow!!! You are definitely in the game! Surely one of those will swing back through within range.

Comment

And now some new guy has decided to move in and sit on the ground 30 yards from me........

Comment

He's raking trees and grunting his heart out. Oh well, he will move on. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                    Getting loaded up and heading up first thing tomorrow morning. Coming in from La Vernia on the Southeast side of San Antonio. Should be a little less than a 6 hour drive for us. Weather looks ok with it cooling down for Friday. Hopefully they will be on their feet. Can’t wait!

Love those fx4s. I have a ranger that is now my son's. 240k miles and still running pretty good.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                      He's raking trees and grunting his heart out. Oh well, he will move on. I hope.
                      That's a great mental image. He has no idea you are there I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by A&M 90 View Post
                        That's a great mental image. He has no idea you are there I assume?

Let out a snort wheeze and get his attention.
                        A video would be nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nope. He was completely oblivious. He's already gone. No deer here. If there were he would have called them in for sure. I should go ahead and leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                            Let out a snort wheeze and get his attention.
                            A video would be nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            I grunted back and he got down real low almost on his belly. I was quiet after that so I wouldn't be encouraging him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                              Nope. He was completely oblivious. He's already gone. No deer here. If there were he would have called them in for sure. I should go ahead and leave.
                              was he carrying a blue igloo?

Comment

Nope. It was red.

Comment

Working...
                                X