Mule pro fx??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mule pro fx??

I'm looking to buy a used side by side. I did a quick search before posting and didnt get an answer. My question is how do the new Kawasaki mules do with really rocky trails? My current lease is in Brackettville and my access roads are very rough and rocky with some fairly steep climbs. I've been using an older dodge 4x4 lease truck and am able to get it through the tight trails but it is a ROUGH ride and very slow. All the other guys on the lease use Polaris rangers and they handle it with ease. I've heard that the mules are a little lackluster in this department though. I found a nice 2016 withow hours at a good price as well as a 2016 ranger 900 crew in same condition and both around my price point. I've read the mules are smooth and quiter so that's why I was lleaning that way but also hear they are not a good in true 4x4 rocky climbs as the Polaris are. So I'm looking for some onsite on this

I had a Polaris crew 800 and now i have the mule pro fxt, I like the mule better because it’s smoother, quieter, and doesn’t spend 25% it’s time in the shop.. they run the same speed but the ranger would get there quicker, and it had a front locker.. I thought it was a bigger deal than it is and haven’t stuck my mule yet, climb a couple of pretty steep rocky hills and really don’t even need the 4wd.. I think the ranger will do more (when it runs) but it’s a rougher ride..

Comment

Good to know. Anyone else have any input on the mule vs ranger on rocky trails?

Comment

Ive taken my fxt to Leakey several times and it handled everyrhing we put it through with ease. Pretty rocky rough and steep. Its not a speed demon by any means but smooth riding and over 600 hours with only a fuel pump.

Comment

I sold my Ranger for a Mule Pro FX and couldn’t be happier.

Comment

How much was the fuel pump if you dont mind? Was it a pain to replace?

Comment

There’s a sponsor that sells them on here, he may have a used one. Look up Justin Spies.

Comment

Took my my Mule Pro Fxt on an 80 mile trip on the alpine loop in Colorado this summer and it did great. I’ve just a small lift and 28” tires. The other guys I was with in couldn’t believe how well it performed through the rough stuff and attributed it to it’s shorter wheelbase compared to a crew cab Polaris or Can-Am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                  I sold my Ranger for a Mule Pro FX and couldn’t be happier.

Me too! Love the new mule

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
                    How much was the fuel pump if you dont mind? Was it a pain to replace?
                    Dont buy one from Kawasaki. Biought one off Amazon for 50 bucks and had it done in less than 30 minutes. Was actually pretty **** easy to replace

Comment

I hunt in the Sonora area. My mule does great climbing the rocky hills

Comment

Mule pro fx??

My hunting partner uses one in the small hills of SE OKlahoma and it handles with ease. Our terrain is full of huge rocks and steep hills. Surprisingly smooth! I can put a bottle of water in the cup holder and it stays put.
                        Last edited by Codypatt1; 12-11-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Used my FXT in NM on some pretty steep incline that had 8-12" rocks on the roads and it did great.

Comment

I have a mule fx and love it. The only draw back to the mule is the overall clearance, but it has never been an issue for me, more of an observation. I don't think you can go wrong with the fx, and won't regret the decision.

Comment

PM me when you get to looking to buy, I will be selling my camo pro fxt very soon. Under 30 hrs, basically new!

Comment

Working...
                              X