No announcement yet.

Garguy And The Geezer LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no bad days hunting with dad. good for you to take him and hope he bags a nice one on the next trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
      the picture of your dad napping, the bolt doesn't look closed all the way. I wonder if that had something to do with the malfunction?

Good eye!

Comment

Just saw this thread. Been off line. Pure awesomeness Steve!! You really should at least put a hull in that gun and dry fire it and check for the multiple strikes on the primer. Bolt not completely closed absolutely could have prevented it from firing too. Might try putting the bolt in the same position as in the pic and see if you can duplicate the failure. Would give your dad peace of mind.
        Good luck next trip!!

Comment

Good catch on the bolt position. The safety would not go back on safe until I worked the action

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Our mature deer must have turned into squirrels. Seeing the same 3 or 4 and kiddo cant catch a break with any of them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            They are starting to group up pretty good.

Comment

The wind should be right tomorrow. We had plans to hunt tomorrow evening but dads gout is terrible this morning. When the rain broke I ran out there to corn the pen at 12 noon. I just drove straight in to the p.o en as I was pushing my luck leaving mom here with just dad at home.

Guess who was standing in that empty pen? Yep that stud 8 we are hunting! After running him off, I put out 200lb of corn and grabbed the card. Just sat down with Dad and looked at the pics. His gout already started improving!

Comment

I hear tell a good stiff case of Buck Fever will cure Gout right up!!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  The wind should be right tomorrow. We had plans to hunt tomorrow evening but dads gout is terrible this morning. When the rain broke I ran out there to corn the pen at 12 noon. I just drove straight in to the p.o en as I was pushing my luck leaving mom here with just dad at home.

Guess who was standing in that empty pen? Yep that stud 8 we are hunting! After running him off, I put out 200lb of corn and grabbed the card. Just sat down with Dad and looked at the pics. His gout already started improving!
                  Funny how that happens

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                    Glad you got your dad out in the blind, I’m sure he needed the time away a run the woods. Always enjoy your threads, very fun to go along for the hunt.
                    The rifle is maybe 15 years old. Been flawless. I did hear somewhere about Remington safety malfunction but never witnessed that. Got home and unloaded the gun and it dryfires perfectly crisp at 26oz. He said he pulled as hard as he could and keep the cross hairs on the deer.
                    My wife had a Remington Model 7 in .260 Rem, never had a bit of trouble with until she started to shoot a buck with it one afternoon. When she pushed the safety off it fired. Scared the hell out of her, me, and our little boy. I unloaded it and never shot it any more until I dropped a Rifle Basix trigger in it. Afterwards I learned about the lawsuits Remington had over the same problem. She gave it to the boy (who is now 23) and he killed several deer after that. Never had that problem again. That may have nothing to do with your misfire though. BTW, she killed that same buck about a half mile away the next day with my .280 Rem !

Comment

Hahaha...I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        My wife had a Remington Model 7 in .260 Rem, never had a bit of trouble with until she started to shoot a buck with it one afternoon. When she pushed the safety off it fired. Scared the hell out of her, me, and our little boy. I unloaded it and never shot it any more until I dropped a Rifle Basix trigger in it. Afterwards I learned about the lawsuits Remington had over the same problem. She gave it to the boy (who is now 23) and he killed several deer after that. Never had that problem again. That may have nothing to do with your misfire though. BTW, she killed that same buck about a half mile away the next day with my .280 Rem !
                        It was strange. When he flipped the safety it sounded like the hammer fell but the gun did not fire. Clearly the hammer was down though because the,safety would not flip back until I worked the bolt.

I am actually glad it happened. He was shooting a really cool deer but the one we are hunting is definitely better. Sucker had not missed a morning nor evening since we were there tuesday. We might bust him tomorrow evening.
                        Last edited by GarGuy; 12-02-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Ok. Its geezer time. We are about to head in. Target buck is all over the camera every day. Had to run him off to corn yesterday at noon. Crazy this is a ten plus year old 8pt. Wide and long beams with great mass. Not a lot of tine length but he really has wow factor walking in. Stupid bunch of bucks coming every day.

Dad is putting on every item of hunting attire he owns and we are about to head in. Should be fun. I'll update as the day unfolds. The plan is to wait on the ancient 8pt but if he decides to shoot something.... he will. Lol. Stay tuned.
                            Last edited by GarGuy; 12-03-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Nice. Good luck today.

Comment

Heck yeah.. in for some pictures this eve

Comment

Working...
                                X