Hellcat vs. XDS Mod 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellcat vs. XDS Mod 2

Interested in opinions from folks that have handled them both.
    I’m looking for a replacement for an XD that was stolen. Really liked that pistol.
    It’ll be a truck gun— I carry a Kimber Micro 9 ESV.

I’ve never personally been a fan of Springfield pistols, but for your stated purpose as a truck gun out of your two options, I’d definitely choose the full-size XD instead of the sub-compact Hellcat.

Now if your concealed carrying it it, that’s a totally different story and the hellcat wins all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on what feels better in your hand. I carry the hellcat and love it. The hellcat has 11&13 round but the XDS has 6&7 round mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not handled a “ Hellcat “, but my main truck gun is a xds .40. I know .40 cal is not for everyone, but I like it. I recently started carrying a Glock 48 in the truck. Just wished they would make something like the G48 in a single stack .40 caliber.

Comment

Thanks y’all. My XD was a subcompact and it shot great, even with a 3” barrel. I’ll get my hands on them and see how they feel.
          Was wondering about maybe the OSP option for the Hellcat just to try something new. Never had one of those fancy optics on a handgun.

Comment

Search the hellcat trigger issue, had to put a new one in mine.

Comment

For a truck gun i would look at one of the xdm elite 3.8 compacts. With a short mag i think they are13+1 and easy to carry and with a big mag 19+1 but a bit less easy to carry. Really though there are a ton of guns that fit the bill for what you mentioned, i would just buy a one that i could find for a reasonable price and not worry about it too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-billwjs View Post
                Search the hellcat trigger issue, had to put a new one in mine.

Good info, thanks.

Comment

Pulled the trigger (yep) on the XD-S. I decided against the optic. Like a laser grip, it’s just something to jack with and if/when I need this pistol I won’t be jacking with a sight. I decided on the XD-S because, even though it’s a truck gun, I may need to carry it at some point. I looked at the subcompact XD like my old one but figured I’d try the newer single stack for the heck of it.

Comment

Don't handle or shoot the Sig P365... Unless you want a 3rd contender.

I liked this review of it and the Hellcat:
                    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNM-Xmbh5tI&t=971s"]Springfield Hellcat vs. SIG P365: Which is Better? - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
                      Don't handle or shoot the Sig P365... Unless you want a 3rd contender.

I liked this review of it and the Hellcat:
                      I was tempted by it. The known factor and price point steered me to the XD.
                      To be honest I usually prefer something made in the US, so we may see the XD hit the classifieds.
                      I do like Sigs-- I have a 1911-22

Comment

Oh my...

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                          To be honest I usually prefer something made in the US
                          From Sig:
                          "The P365, which replaced the P290RS, is produced in Newington, New Hampshire."

I kind'da like the plan black one with night sights for EDC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rango View Post
                            From Sig:
                            "The P365, which replaced the P290RS, is produced in Newington, New Hampshire."

I kind'da like the plan black one with night sights for EDC.
                            Yup-- that's why I said that. The XD is made in Croatia.

I wonder about that SAS version. Interesting idea-- wonder how it feels to shoot like that.
                            This is not an EDC-- it's a truck gun that I may carry infrequently.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              Interested in opinions from folks that have handled them both.
                              I’m looking for a replacement for an XD that was stolen. Really liked that pistol.
                              It’ll be a truck gun— I carry a Kimber Micro 9 ESV.
                              What is your prefered carry method on the micro 9(IWB OWB, or ?)? I just bought one and on the on figuring out which holster. Putting a trigger kit in the Micro tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X