DRT ammunition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRT ammunition.

I picked up a of the 55 grain for .223 yesterday. Those son of a guns are high dollar. 30 bucks for a box of 20 rounds. I better not do much missin with those bad boys. Anybody ever hunted with these bullets?

I could probably go back and get a few more boxes but dang. I kinda need to pay bills this month. Or is that overrated?

Comment

Be glad you can find ammo, I'd buy a few more, especially if you are going to do a lot of shooting.

Comment

I shot a few critters with them. A couple raccoons they blew a fist size hole on the opposite side. They were pretty accurate out of my oracle

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
          Be glad you can find ammo, I'd buy a few more, especially if you are going to do a lot of shooting.
          That really just depends on how well the animals I shoot are moving. I don't go out and target practice or nothin.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
            I shot a few critters with them. A couple raccoons they blew a fist size hole on the opposite side. They were pretty accurate out of my oracle
            Ewww that might not be too good. I save fur off of coyotes and bobcats and such. I was hoping they'd stay in whatever I shot.

Comment

I picked up a ton of 9mm DRT hollow points several years ago that were on sale. Have not tested them

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                Ewww that might not be too good. I save fur off of coyotes and bobcats and such. I was hoping they'd stay in whatever I shot.
                I tried to shoot a coyote with them but didn’t get lucky enough. A coyote would suck up more bullet than a coon. They were smaller ones and not the little bear size ones we normally saw.

Comment

I tried to shoot a coyote with them but didn’t get lucky enough. A coyote would suck up more bullet than a coon. They were smaller ones and not the little bear size ones we normally saw.
                  I'll definitely be seeing how they perform soon enough. I'll be posting the results on the coyote kill thread. Might even take them to Texas and shoot a hog or two just for grins and giggles. From everything I've read and watched on these bullets they're lethal on critters.

Comment

Just be glad you found ammo.

Comment

Shot a coyote with one this morning. Hit him right behind the shoulder and he twirled around and ran about 50 yards and piled up. Left an exit wound almost the size of a quarter but it looks like more of a cut than a hole. There's somethin yellow hanging out of that hole. Not quite sure what it is but I don't think it came from that exact location. Not sure though.

Comment

Can only imagine what the inside of the coyote looks like. I am sure it’s tore up

Comment

I have 4 or 5 boxes for a 300 win.
                          Never even shot one.
                          Might have to give them a try.

Comment

Can only imagine what the inside of the coyote looks like. I am sure it’s tore up
                            I'm about to skin him so I'll find out. Usually you can get a pretty good idea what bullets are doin when you skin critters out. I'm guessin you're correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              I have 4 or 5 boxes for a 300 win.
                              Never even shot one.
                              Might have to give them a try.
                              Dang! I bet whatever gets hit with one of those bad boys ain't going nowhere but straight down.

Comment

Working...
                              X