Sabine River Authority - non WMA land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabine River Authority - non WMA land

Curious what the legalities are of camping / hunting on SRA land that is not WMA land are? Thinking about heading up after duck season for a pig/squirrel/bush hook trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You might want to contact them directly. Great question. I have my tent set up on SRA land

Comment

I'm not sure about all SRA land - but I do know at Tawakoni (have a relative that works for them) anything that is not WMA is NOT legal to hunt. All the land below the dam is public land - but it's only accessible for fishing/hiking/bird watching etc. There was a time where hunting was allowed below the dam, but there were problems with guides/locals and the SRA didn't want the liability so it got shut down for hunting. I'm pretty certain the current director (Iron Bridge) is not a big fan of hunting so don't count on that being opened up any time soon.

Definitely sucks because there are some studs in those river bottoms, not to mention tons of ducks and pigs.
        Last edited by Lab; 12-03-2020, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lab View Post
          I'm not sure about all SRA land - but I do know at Tawakoni (have a relative that works for them) anything that is not WMA is NOT legal to hunt. All the land below the dam is public land - but it's only accessible for fishing/hiking/bird watching etc. There was a time where hunting was allowed below the dam, but there were problems with guides/locals and the SRA didn't want the liability so it got shut down for hunting. I'm pretty certain the current director (Iron Bridge) is not a big fan of hunting so don't count on that being opened up any time soon.

Definitely sucks because there are some studs in those river bottoms, not to mention tons of ducks and pigs.
          Yep. My land is next to some SRA land that holds some good deer, I've emailed them and actually talked to someone directly that said they don't allow hunting but since I'm an adjacent property owner I could walk around on the place...I wanted to look for sheds.

Comment

Working...
          X