Brazos back yard fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos back yard fun

Ok, my photography skills probably don't rate posting in this forum but heck with it. Have my daughter's Powershot SX60 HS and am learning to use it. That little booger can zoom! Shots taken from my back porch 110 yards to the river and about 30 feet down.

First time I've ever seen pelicans. Normal residents are cranes and herons back here.

Last edited by TexaRican; 03-15-2022, 07:56 AM.

I have the same camera. It takes great close up shots from my rifle blind (135 yards) as long as you have a steady base.

Comment

Originally posted by Randallc View Post
      I have the same camera. It takes great close up shots from my rifle blind (135 yards) as long as you have a steady base.
      My daughter can hold free hand and get crystal clear shots. I need a tripod.

Funny thing is I actually have 9 hours in photography during college. Back then Hardin-Simmons University owned 2 digital cameras and there cost about $10K each. Still have my little Yashica 35mm. Yep, that's how old I am.

I'd like to figure this thing out over the spring as we watch more wildlife moving through. Gonna try youtube.

Comment

That is a good P&S camera. I bought my wife one a few years ago but one of our grands borrowed it and haven't seen it since. I got her that one because it will shoot in RAW format. It will shoot like a more expensive mirrorless or dslr camera. It's simply more limited hardware wise. Those are good subjects you shot.

When shooting birds, use as high a shutter speed as you can get away with. Learn to shoot in manual mode also. A book that has been recommended here for years is "Understanding Exposure" by Brian Peterson. It will send your photography leaps forward.

Have fun.

Comment

Nice bird pics, you always something interesting along the river for us, thanks.

Comment

Even in manual mode this camera has way too much to deal with plus I still need a tripod! I have a long way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This one has been hanging out all morning. Watching squirrels doing their thing on the next tree over. Sure would like to witness a kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X