Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give me elk hunt outfitter/state recommendations !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me elk hunt outfitter/state recommendations !!!

Gonna book a RIFLE hunt for 4 guys for fall 2022
    (I know some guys may be booked already)

We have no points in any state

2-1 hunter:guide ratio is fine.

Leaning towards Colorado because:

- close-ish drive
    - easier to get tags first year
    - decent chance at a good bull

If you have suggestions on other states where we can all get tags let me know!

And if you have a good experience with an outfitter let me know!

Horses/mules/UTV provided is a must as one hunter is my dad. And he can hike some but I’m not going to ask him to hike 10 miles per day for a week.

I’ve seen some outfitters advertised online in CO for the $5k/ea ballpark so that’s where I’m going to try and keep it. Sorry.. this rules out just about any Indian reservation hunt.

Not too afraid of DIY. But we’ve never been and I wanna knock it out on year 1. Outfitter preferred.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck. If you find a quality outfitter hunt in a decent unit for under 5k for the 22 season it would be a miracle. With 4 guys you may want to look at outfitter tags in Idaho or an OTC hunt in Colorado. Quality elk country comes at a pretty steep price in most states.

Comment

NE Utah has over the counter tags available and the elk are plentiful but odds of a really big one are not great. farm land during gun season is good odds for a bull.

Comment

Broken Arrow outfitters in New Mexico. Chad is a tbh member

Comment

Haven't hunted with them but have dealt with the outfitter and they are good folks.
          A little above your budget but they have ranch or high country hunts.

Silver Spur Outfitters: https://www.huntsilverspuroutfitters.com/hunt-pricing/

Comment

Lee Livingston, Cody Wyoming, next to Yellowstone
            Livingston Outfitting offers guided hunts and horseback pack trips for your friends and family in the beautiful Wyoming wilderness.

he does a horeback pack in trip, awesome
            it is $7200 though

Comment

Horned fork outfitter out of Buena Vista Co. Joe Boucher is the outfitter. Had a great trip with them. Horseback and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                Lee Livingston, Cody Wyoming, next to Yellowstone
                Livingston Outfitting offers guided hunts and horseback pack trips for your friends and family in the beautiful Wyoming wilderness.

he does a horeback pack in trip, awesome
                it is $7200 though

Think you have to draw in WY right? I want to make sure we have a OTC backup option if needed. I don’t want to wait another year.

Comment

Wyoming is a draw.

Comment

Not to be a Debbie downer but that's a super tall order to fill. If you do find one please let me know. I have been doing a little research on this exact thing and what I'm finding is to get all those things you have listed your going to spend at least double what you are shooting for. The areas that have almost guaranteed odds of a good bull elk with no preference points your going to need an outfitter tag which is big money. There are a couple places in Idaho that have guaranteed tag with 100% kill rate the past few years with rifle for a 300+" bull but they start at $10K and go up to $14K.

Comment

Three of us went up to NM and hunted public land with these guys in October 2019.
                      We came home with three bulls in 2 days. Back then they were within your budget. Don’t know what current cost is.

Comment

Following for the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                          Three of us went up to NM and hunted public land with these guys in October 2019.
                          We came home with three bulls in 2 days. Back then they were within your budget. Don’t know what current cost is.

http://newmexicoelkhuntingguides.com/
                          Pretty sure you still have to draw tags in NM for public land. Going through an outfitter helps but odds still aren’t good. Landowner tags can be bought but they aren’t cheap.

Comment

Bear Mountain Outfitters

OTC yad. Bear Mountain is between Kremmeling and Steamboat Springs.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              Bear Mountain Outfitters

OTC yad. Bear Mountain is between Kremmeling and Steamboat Springs.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You’ve gone out with these guys before?

Comment

Working...
                              X