Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post

It's going to take a bunch of different things to fix, but we can start by beefing up school security, providing better access to mental healthcare and healthcare in general, and no one is going to want to hear this, but probably need to implement longer waiting periods on picking up an ar-15 with high capacity mags. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if he had to wait 30 days, maybe it would have happened anyway, but I for one, don't think I could look those parents in Uvalde in the eye and tell them that my need to be able to buy an AR and walk out with it the same day is more important than their little ones lives. IMO that's a better solution than red flag laws which could easily be misused and misapplied.

At some point, if we as gun owners don't come to the table with some concessions, eventually people will get sick of it, and the legislation that does come down will be written by people without a clue of how this stuff works and be far more overreaching than it needs to be.

Praying for the community of Uvalde
    I will never agree to concessions. The AR issue is moot IMO. If someone wants to kill, they don't need an AR to do mass damage if you pick soft targets. The legal person has the right to buy what he wants. We don't need more laws. Just enforce what we have & get rid of the looneys. The people that want these laws are hell bent on taking all guns away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
      By your general logic on video games, since there is a percentage of kids that can't or haven't been taught how to handle guns responsibly, we should just not let anyone use/own them anymore. That should fix the problem. Sound good to you?
      Dude you cannot be as stupid as this statement makes you appear..
      Guns do serve a valuable purpose, multiple valuable purposes. Always have and always will..

Allowing children to play Violent video games serves absolutely NO valuable purpose, never has and never will and in SOME cases it is training children to be violent killers..
      Heck I even found out today, with the help of another "violent video game defender", that our own military actuall uses the same violent games to train our military men and women on how to be, you guessed it, HIGHLY EFFICIENT KILLERS... Well imagine that!!!!
      Good grief People.. No wonder this society is so screwed up.. I guess children being allowed to watch **** is next on the menu... Oh wait I think our public schools are already priming them for that..
      The level of stupidity in this country is mind blowing..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        LOL.. I'm glad your kids turned out to be normal so we are obviously not talking about your kids. Not all kids can handle it and that is my point..
        Why is it that the ones that always deny the negative physiological affects that this garbage CAN have on a child's brain, and the ones that defend this type of CRAP being fed to children, are always the ones that allow it or actually do it.. You may want to talk to someone more knowledgeable than you or I about this.. Talk to a clinical psychologist..
        I get what you are saying. I dont think these games made this kid a nut, but they had the potential to teach the nutty kid gun tactics he wouldnt have been exposed to otherwise. And probably had him playing out these demented fantasies too often.

Edit - Is Madden football going to teach some kid to be a NFL/college athlete, no. But it will teach them about cover 2 defense and how to run an offense.
        Last edited by squirrel; 05-25-2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
          We obviously arent going to stop the WHY. Lets work on what we can control; school access, guardians/officers/armed teachers, more LTC individuals.
          Trust me.... you want me in that store, restaurant, mall(etc.) if things "pop off"
          this ^^^

Comment

Guns do serve a valuable purpose, multiple valuable purposes. Always have and always will..

Allowing children to play Violent video games serves absolutely NO valuable purpose, never has and never will and in SOME cases it is training children to be violent killers..
            Heck I even found out today, with the help of another "violent video game defender", that our own military actuall uses the same violent games to train our military men and women on how to be, you guessed it, HIGHLY EFFICIENT KILLERS... Well imagine that!!!!
            Good grief People.. No wonder this society is so screwed up.. I guess children being allowed to watch **** is next on the menu... Oh wait I think our public schools are already priming them for that..
            Video games? Really....that's your "logic"??? That's an even weaker take than the left blaming this on guns.

You whine and ***** and bellyache about how VIDEO GAMES are to blame, and then go on to talk about the level of stupidity in this country. You don't understand any of what you're griping about anyway...

Comment

But, but, but it trains 'em to run excavators.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                I will never agree to concessions. The AR issue is moot IMO. If someone wants to kill, they don't need an AR to do mass damage if you pick soft targets. The legal person has the right to buy what he wants. We don't need more laws. Just enforce what we have & get rid of the looneys. The people that want these laws are hell bent on taking all guns away.
                Agree. And how do you determine what is on the list? Nobody can define assault rifles, PERIOD. So what gets banned or what do you have to wait for? Is it only a true AR 15? If so, how about an AR 10 or an AK? Or what about an upper and a lower separately? If those are included, how about a Ruger Mini 14? Same caliber and large capacity mags. And like you said, if they can't get an AR what is to stop them from getting 2 XDM's w/ 19 round capacity? Oh you can't, so maybe ban semi auto guns?? Does that mean my dad's Browning 270 semi auto is included? Or how about my semi automatic shotguns? Give them an inch and they WILL take a mile!!

Comment

I agree 100%. Its not a gun issue period. The same guns have been available for the past 60 yrs. This is a cultural issue. We, as a culture has changed. We are no longer a culture of God fearing people.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    Who sold him the guns? Where did he get $5000? He worked at Wendy's
                    There's this thing called a credit card, and pretty much everyone has one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      We also need to stop attributing EVERYTHING to mental illness. Not every rowdy kid has adhd, not everyone who is sad/confused is depressed, and the world doesn't need to capitulate to the whims of the weak minded. This loser was raised by other losers, and made excuses for all his life, turned tranny and shot up a bunch of kids because "IT" couldn't deal with life......because parents refuse to be parents, and schools don't have the power to control their students.

This is 100% the product of a soft society, and the *******s in charge would like to make it softer as a result.
                      Agree. And to add to not attributing EVERYTHING to mental illness, how about not EVERY mental illness gets a drug to help them cope. Maybe an *** whipin and some therapy instead of mind altering drugs....

Comment

Uvalde mayor just said his grandmother was able to call 911. He was being pursued by Leo when he wrecked. Also schools had warning and leo was on scene but different buildings.

Comment

Absolutely have the right to buy what they want. I have a right to buy a suppressor, and it took me a while to get it, but I have it. Sure you can do damage with other guns, and without getting details we will never know, we won't know that it would have made any difference if he had a shotgun, a bolt gun or an AR. But having a waiting period is a pretty minor inconvenience, and one I would be willing to have, if it came in conjunction with an overhaul of our mental health infrastructure and seriously beefed up school security.

This dude was clearly an unstable individual, you buy some more time, he may go off and commit some other crime that he is locked up for during that waiting period. I don't see how we are doing ourselves any favors by putting that much pressure on a broken system to work perfectly when the consequences of failure are irreparably high

Comment

“Credit cards are to blame!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We need to be vigilant as a Community in making these schools hard to access.

Every door needs to be locked and each school should be assigned an officer to make rounds to ensure that they are. Assign multiple officers based on the size/population of the school.

I pick up my kids from school all the time. I am buzzed in by the front desk after standing in front of a speaker/monitor.

Making sure that doors to classes are locked.

These are simple things that may add to some hassle, but need to be done.

Respect EVERYONE shouldnt be a difficult thing. Being able to have a conversation without name calling and escalation should absolutely be a requirement that is taught and hammered home. Consequences are real based on your actions.

Comment

I agree with you that these games serve no purpose. And definitely cause more harm then our current gun laws. I am not in favor of any more gun restrictions as crooks and nuts don't pay attention to them anyway, but I'd be all for eliminating the shoot em up games. These kids don't live in reality. They are of a different generation. They don't have consequences for their actions, they don't get spanked at home or pops at school, they get trophies for participating, and now they are consumed with more unrealistic ideas such as a shoot em up game that they get a false idea of consequences, because they have never had any. And to think now this 3d virtual reality is coming into play and you can "buy" virtual real estate and live in this dream world is crazy. We need to lock our schools up tighter than an airport and banks and stop allowing our society to raise cream puffs. No dad's at home are part of the issue as well. I also read where very few elementary schools have but maybe one or 2 males on campus. Unfortunately I fear that adding more males will also lead to more child molesters. Our society is sick!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X