Weekend Rolling Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    Im getting the same.....they can kiss my ***. Im not changing anything. This and many problems have been created by govt over regulation based on wishes and hopes. Im so tired of the idiots running things I cant wait for things to crash and burn so we can have a reset and put the looney tunes that have created this mess out to pasture. Is it going to be uncomfortable while things get sorted out? You bet it is. All this comfort and luxury has lead to a lot of people who are apathetic and lazy. Time to get their attention.
    Amen!

And of course the irony is that the environmental regulation has shut down plants, now the capacity is strained. So we're forced to go out and buy generators to have backup when the plants go down, and generators which are way more polluting and gas-hungry than the cars we drive. So we pollute more because we have no electricity due to environmental regs.
    Last edited by SharpEnd; 05-08-2022, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Better luck next time Doomers! LOL!

Comment

Plant I work out had a big AEP transformer blow out Friday night .We make most of our own power it it has had a pretty big effect on operations .

Comment

Hopefully users learn to turn the stat upward to 78 or even 80 degrees during the hotter months. Turn on circular fans. Be surprised what you can endure. Dress lightly. Cause when the electric goes off it gets very hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
            Hopefully users learn to turn the stat upward to 78 or even 80 degrees during the hotter months. Turn on circular fans. Be surprised what you can endure. Dress lightly. Cause when the electric goes off it gets very hot!
            I can handle the heat when needed. Worked in 110+ degrees many many times. But I will not voluntarily make my house that warm lol. 78-80 is madness!

Comment

So because government has screwed this all up everyone is supposed to change what they do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                So because government has screwed this all up everyone is supposed to change what they do?

Yes

Comment

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                    Yes

Pfft!

Comment

Sure hope everyone's power came back on this morning............ Hope all have a great week...

Rwc

Comment

[QUOTE=Killer;16203264]My father just told me this morning that the local paper had an article showing that the largest bitcoin project in the state of Texas was going in at Angus, TX just south of Corsicana off I-45. Max electric load posted in newspaper was 1.7GW at the bitcoin facility!!!!

Big Brown coal plant generated 1.15GW peak at their units!! Before it was demo'ed!

Hope you got a generator because it going to be dark and hot this or the next summer in Texas!!

People just don't get it. We are so used to flipping the switch and the lights come on. That is coming to an end and we will not have a fast fix for this. You do not build power plants in two weeks!! It is scary what is coming.[/QUOT

Ok, I thought “bitcoin” was an imaginary type of money? Virtual money? Not actual precious metal coin.

Comment

Weekend Rolling Blackouts

[quote=lovemylegacy;16210703]
                          Originally posted by Killer View Post
                          My father just told me this morning that the local paper had an article showing that the largest bitcoin project in the state of Texas was going in at Angus, TX just south of Corsicana off I-45. Max electric load posted in newspaper was 1.7GW at the bitcoin facility!!!!

Big Brown coal plant generated 1.15GW peak at their units!! Before it was demo'ed!

Hope you got a generator because it going to be dark and hot this or the next summer in Texas!!

People just don't get it. We are so used to flipping the switch and the lights come on. That is coming to an end and we will not have a fast fix for this. You do not build power plants in two weeks!! It is scary what is coming.[/QUOT

Ok, I thought “bitcoin” was an imaginary type of money? Virtual money? Not actual precious metal coin.

It is.

Comment

[quote=lovemylegacy;16210703]
                            Originally posted by Killer View Post
                            My father just told me this morning that the local paper had an article showing that the largest bitcoin project in the state of Texas was going in at Angus, TX just south of Corsicana off I-45. Max electric load posted in newspaper was 1.7GW at the bitcoin facility!!!!

Here's a 2 minute explanation-

And no I still quite understand it. Pretty sure it's about to hit 1/2 value from its peak.
                            Last edited by DaveC; 05-09-2022, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Not even a flicker here…

Comment

no blackouts here. Power went off last night but it was scheduled by the power company here. At least it was maintenance done at night when the power need was less.

Comment

Working...
                                X