Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Hey guys. Looking for some advice.

Suggestions? Anything else that may help?

Wife is uncomfortable and wants me to fix it. Suggestions? Anything else that may help?

Thanks!
    Tell her "suck it up buttercup, It's only a few months"

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Tell her "suck it up buttercup, It's only a few months"
      I wish. 10 to 12 months after we sign a contract and we're not there yet

Comment

Bobby, we have this cheap one at home. It will let you know exactly what’s happening. 50% inside humidity is about what you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          If you have visible light gaps that you can see you need to seal that sucker up. Get you a can (or a few) of spray foam and go to town. Insulation advice is good as well but if you have holes that the outside humid air can come straight through to inside you are fighting an uphill battle.

Yup....foam and caulk before you spend any more money elsewhere. Fill all holes and cracks. If it canget in it will. We did that in our 12x20 place and have a 15000 btu wall AC/heater...no issues with humidty or temp.

Comment

Reflective sheet metal up top

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
              Reflective sheet metal up top
              Cabin is completely covered with the awning so there's really no direct sunlight except on the side certain times of the day

Comment

You have radiant barrier on the foam anyway.

Comment

Variable speed control on fan? Works on typical home HVAC system when BTU rating is not calculated correctly for square footage. This is one of the few times that more is not always better.

Comment

Originally posted by Blownshelby View Post
                    Variable speed control on fan? Works on typical home HVAC system when BTU rating is not calculated correctly for square footage. This is one of the few times that more is not always better.
                    Yes, has five settings Plus super setting for quick cool off

Comment

If you foam sealed the envelope like your showing in this thread your not getting humidity due to leakage. I have homeowners complain, especially this time of year, about the humidity in their home. It’s simply from their AC not running long enough. If the temp outside is 75* and your T stat is at 72* the unit simply is not going to run often to maintain 72*. Lately before I meet a buyer at a home i’ll Crank the AC down to 64/65* just to remove the humidity in the home because it’s muggy at 71/72*.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                        If you foam sealed the envelope like your showing in this thread your not getting humidity due to leakage. I have homeowners complain, especially this time of year, about the humidity in their home. It’s simply from their AC not running long enough. If the temp outside is 75* and your T stat is at 72* the unit simply is not going to run often to maintain 72*. Lately before I meet a buyer at a home i’ll Crank the AC down to 64/65* just to remove the humidity in the home because it’s muggy at 71/72*.
                        Good info. Thanks

Comment

Good info. Thanks
                          Before I went and started spending money and adding things and doing a lot of work for things that are not causing the problem, if you have access to a small 5000btu unit, pop it in the window and see what happens. With your cabin being fully covered and not taking direct sunlight it should cool the cabin down fine. Guarantee it will get you in the low 60’s at night.

Comment

Like others have said, sounds like the HVAC unit is too big. This would be my next test^^^^

Be careful sealing up that place so tight when you are chasing a humidity problem………. You could be creating more future problems not allowing it to breathe a little if you can’t get the humidity down.

Comment

When my mother in law visits, we have the same proble. She speaks from sun up to sundown. Fogs up the windows.

Side note. Great lady. I love her.

Comment

With both the AC and dehumidifier only running when y’all are there, you most likely won’t get a handle on it without an extremely tight job on air-sealing. But then you get into the potential of mold/mildew and stale air.

I think the solution is to get a timer plug and run the dehumidifier on a cycle regardless of wether or not y’all are there.

Comment

Working...
                                X