• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Percolator is the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
      I have never tried this one before. I remember my grandparents using a percolator

Comment

An earlier comment said tgat black rifle coffee company roasts their beans a few days prior to shipment. I saw a Ted Talk where some guy's passion was coffee. He roasted his own. Gotta keep them moving constantly tho. I am interested in figuring out how to make a roasting machine for my traeger and going straight from raw to roasted to my cup in the smallest amount of time possible. Biggest hang up at the moment is finding a motor that could withstand 400 degree temps so I am not drilling a hole in my grill.

Comment

Cuisinart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pour over is hard to beat, but the bunn cranks out pretty good coffee fast. Fresh grind and good water without chlorine and the right mineral levels can make a big difference.
            A good friend has homemade nitro cold Brew on tap in a kegerator in his home. I want to do this, but know I shouldn’t drink that much caffeine .

Comment

Good quality water and fresh roasted beans are the 2 biggest factors in a great cup of coffee in my opinion. I have a friend that gives me bags of raw offer beans from his family farm in Mexico. I simply roast them in a cast iron skillet. They are white and slowly turn a dark brown. You have to keep them moving but it's not a big deal. The house will have an intense aroma for a while but that's a good thing.

I recieved a free but expensive coffee maker when I bought some kitchen appliances I have yet to try out. Maybe someday soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                An earlier comment said tgat black rifle coffee company roasts their beans a few days prior to shipment. I saw a Ted Talk where some guy's passion was coffee. He roasted his own. Gotta keep them moving constantly tho. I am interested in figuring out how to make a roasting machine for my traeger and going straight from raw to roasted to my cup in the smallest amount of time possible. Biggest hang up at the moment is finding a motor that could withstand 400 degree temps so I am not drilling a hole in my grill.
                Any specialty coffee company worth the title roasts to order.

Quality of roasted beans degrades in a few weeks.

Here's the roaster I use, works pretty well, batch size is on the small size though. I want to upgrade to a .5 kilo machine but dang they get expensive.

I also buy my green beans from them.

Can you run the traeger without pellets and just use the burner? I don't know how those work but smoke flavor would not do coffee beans any good haha

Comment

Jura.

If you didn't know, now you know. I got one as a gift. It's been awesome.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    I went back to a perculator a few years ago. The coffee is so much better than the Keuirig we were using.

Comment

Technivorm if money is no object or Bonavita at half the cost

Comment

Grind your own beans and French press. Hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have a technivorm and I love it.

Comment

We have a Cuisinart that grinds the beans before it drips and we love it. Lavazza beans are the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              Any specialty coffee company worth the title roasts to order.

Quality of roasted beans degrades in a few weeks.

Here's the roaster I use, works pretty well, batch size is on the small size though. I want to upgrade to a .5 kilo machine but dang they get expensive.

I also buy my green beans from them.

Can you run the traeger without pellets and just use the burner? I don't know how those work but smoke flavor would not do coffee beans any good haha
                              I have been using Sweet Maria’s for several years. With all the talk of grinding your own beans, in my opinion even that lags when you’re talking about roasting your own.

When you were getting coffee beans (seeds) from various parts of the world and being able to roast them to different degrees, it really makes a difference in flavor.

That is assuming that you drink your coffee black. If you’re just going to roast it dark and put sugar and cream in it (like I do most of the time), there is not a whole lot of difference between any of them except the degree of darkness.

Comment

Had two different pour-thru bunns that both started leaking after a year or two. Went back to good ol cheap drip machine with a timer on it so it's ready when I get up. $20 and it's 7 years old. Got a couple of old percs that I get out some times...tastes a lil better.
                                Grinding fresh is plenty good but for every day I'll run whatever ground coffee I happen to be using thru the grinder for a few seconds and it freshens it up alot. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X