What happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened?

I have been hunting on the same place for 39 years. It is family land and I know it well. I have a favorite blind that I sit in that is back in the thick stuff. It has a couple of trails that run through the brush that is usually heavily used by deer. I have very rarely sat in this location and not seen multiple bucks and does, even when there is no feeder going. Anyways, I sat last Saturday for the first time and saw 4 different bucks and 5 does. They came into the feeder and cleaned it out and then moved on to some hand corn I had thrown out. Since that day, corn has started piling up at the feeder and not a single deer sighting. Hogs are not even hitting the feeder. What could have happened? The only people hunting the ranch are me, my son, BIL, and nephew. I know nothing has been shot or shot at out of the blind by any one of us. Weird.

The cold front last week with high winds piled up the corns in my driveway. I have not seen a deer since either. Just guessing that's my issue

Comment

That's crazy........This may sound dumb, but is something possibly wrong with the corn, as in it's a bad batch, or something??

Comment

Most likely you have acorns on the ground somewhere nearby.

Comment

Did a neighbor put a feeder on your fence?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

somebody is outfeeding you.

Comment

Mountain Lion?

“Fools multiply when wise men are silent” -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                Did a neighbor put a feeder on your fence?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                [emoji23][emoji1787]

Gary

Comment

I’m thinking big cat too. You have out trail cams. Might set one up on a fresh carcass or gut pile.

Comment

Depending on where you’re located... we can’t compete with the acorns right now. We are in a similar situation at our place. They’ll show back up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are cleaning out the rest of the feeders. Just this one. All corn in feeders are from Mumme’s. Hogs are not even eating it.

Comment

Neighbors probably started shooting heavier arrows

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
                          They are cleaning out the rest of the feeders. Just this one. All corn in feeders are from Mumme’s. Hogs are not even eating it.

Then they are probably full. Why not hunt the rest of the feeders?

Comment

I could hunt other feeders and do. Just confused with what is going on at this blind.

Comment

You are not alone. We hunt in Burnet County. Solid activity until the second week of October. We historically see 4-10 deer every sit. This is the first year in 15 that I have been skunked more than once. It's happened to each of us on the lease 5 or 6 times. Same result on neighboring places. Cameras show moderate activity overnight, but very few daytime pics. And when there are, just a couple of does and very young bucks. Acorns? No, we have acorns every year.

Hearing the same from other guys in the hill country. Odd year for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X