No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold and miserable in Port A. Took my son to the jetty from 3-7 and not even a bite! Only fish we saw caught were some mullet in a cast net. Ooof. May try the shrimp boat channel tomorrow for big uglies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
      [ATTACH]950198[/ATTACH] Pulled a limit of trout off the dock Thursday night, started busting bait around 10:30 and they stayed all through the night. Lots of shorts but managed a limit of keepers. My new rod is working awesome, now just need to upgrade my reel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You catching trout on a hunchback?

Comment

[ATTACH]950198[/ATTACH] Pulled a limit of trout off the dock Thursday night, started busting bait around 10:30 and they stayed all through the night. Lots of shorts but managed a limit of keepers. My new rod is working awesome, now just need to upgrade my reel.

So I bought a couple hunchbacks yesterday after reading about them. How do you like them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          So I bought a couple hunchbacks yesterday after reading about them. How do you like them?

Like them a lot, easy to use and do pretty well. This is the full size, just got a junior size in that should work even better.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            You catching trout on a hunchback?

Yes sir, what’s wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Whoopp whoopp some marsh reds.

**louisana for our resident junior Gee Dubbs
              Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Yall wernt at Spicers, were you? That's a good haul of redfish.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Yall wernt at Spicers, were you? That's a good haul of redfish.
                Yes. Wife and kiddo hauled kayaks over

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Like them a lot, easy to use and do pretty well. This is the full size, just got a junior size in that should work even better.

I got a small one in Pick-a-luscious and a full size in purple.

Comment

I got a small one in Pick-a-luscious and a full size in purple.

My full size is in shiner and the junior is Robert redhead, I’ll see how the junior does and if it works well then I’ll buy another one to replace the full size. Love the full size since it catches fish but it has a lot of resistance in the water when using it. Hopefully the junior is easier to fish.

Comment

My full size is in shiner and the junior is Robert redhead, I’ll see how the junior does and if it works well then I’ll buy another one to replace the full size. Love the full size since it catches fish but it has a lot of resistance in the water when using it. Hopefully the junior is easier to fish.

I going to try one here around the house soon and see if they work on bass.

Comment

Yes sir, what’s wrong with that?

I'm thinking the same thing. Often, a hunchback is the first lure I throw. My brother starts with a top water. When someone catches that first fish, the other one will switch over. Most of the time my brother is switching over.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Comment

I going to try one here around the house soon and see if they work on bass.

I’ve read they work for bass, no bass down here where I am so I can’t test them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by rklazajr View Post
                            I'm thinking the same thing. Often, a hunchback is the first lure I throw. My brother starts with a top water. When someone catches that first fish, the other one will switch over. Most of the time my brother is switching over.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Easier to use than a top water as well, just reel it in and your catching fish!!!

Comment

I’ve caught so many trout on a hunchback it ain’t funny.

Comment

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

I have a question for all the pier/shore fisherman, what portable coolers are y’all using to keep your fish? I’m looking for something portable to carry out onto the pier/jetties when I go to Rivera or corpus to fish. Nothing huge, just something that will hold my fish cold until the next day when I can get around to cleaning them.

Comment

Working...
                                X