Anybody play Diplomacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgan J. I’m Germany.

My uncle (dansbees) is Italy. I sent the request to a friend to finish the 7th spot. He set up a dummy acct and won’t tell me which country he is. That weasel! I guess we’ll figure it out by process of elimination.
    Last edited by txpitdog; 05-20-2019, 10:52 AM.

Comment

is anyone else still as lost as me?

morgan, can you show us an example of what a "move" should look like in text? i am looking for the wording that i need to use in the email...

edit: i am going over the rules now and will probably learn this here, sorry.

i fear that my eyes were bigger than my stomach here lol\

edit2: i am in over my head
      Last edited by jshouse; 05-21-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post

morgan, can you show us an example of what a "move" should look like in text? i am looking for the wording that i need to use in the email...

if you want to move a fleet from say greece to albanis you would say "F Gre-Alb" or "fleet from greece to albania".. I've been reading the dipwiki and it helps.. If you want to do army movement you would just replace the F with an A

Comment

For the first move, you’ll just designate the force (A for army or F for fleet) then the start territory - finish territory. There are abbreviations for the territories, but when you send in your orders, you can write them out.

I hope everyone already realizes this, but I’ll say it just in case: when you send in orders, they ONLY go to Garry our GM!!! Do not send them to the group or people will see what you’re up to and revise their tactics.

Things will only get potentially tricky in the subsequent turns where you can convoy and support, and agree with another player to support. The mechanics of the moves are pretty basic, but the long term strategy vs short term tactics are what make it interesting in negotiating with your ally/enemy/frenemy.

You’ll figure it out! This is the perfect first game for all of us because the one thing we can at least all rely on is that nobody knows what the heck they’re doing! LOL!

Comment

plans in place?

Comment

Not much time before prelim moves are due.

Comment

Got mine in and held my end of the deal up with those whom I agreed to agree with. ������

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Got mine in and held my end of the deal up with those whom I agreed to agree with. ������
                  So plan C, right?

Comment

Wait...we’re allowed to talk to each other?

Comment

I was thinking it was too overwhelming and didn't join. Please keep posting updates. I'm still intrigued. Can I pick a favorite country to route for? Can we place bets on TBH? Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        I was thinking it was too overwhelming and didn't join. Please keep posting updates. I'm still intrigued. Can I pick a favorite country to route for? Can we place bets on TBH? Haha

You can get in on the next game! We’ll post the map after the first turn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

It's pretty intimidating when you look at it, and I still don't have a clue what I'm doing really but hopefully the first turn will help clear it up a little.

Comment

It's pretty intimidating when you look at it, and I still don't have a clue what I'm doing really but hopefully the first turn will help clear it up a little.
                            Nice. I'll stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                              Hooverfb- zack B.- Mother Russia
                              You good with your S01 prelim moves? If so, send Garry an email and he will post results!

Comment

You good with your S01 prelim moves? If so, send Garry an email and he will post results!
                                I think there is only one guy that hasn't sent his ok yet

Comment

Working...
                                X